Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 03:48 PM

Default friendly suggestion for the magazine!

Hi,
I really like this internet magazine (the articles and the great discussion/"battles" (debates)
that go on in the forums...

When the new magazine for the month comes out though, I eagerly read up all the articles and then
have to wait 'til next month for more! I was wondering if the powers that be
would think it'd be a good idea to roll out half the articles on the 1st of the month
and then the 2nd half on the 15th? ( you could also do "Part 1s" having the Part 2s/conclusions follow just 2 weeks later, while the interest and debate/"fight" is more fresh in readers' minds...)

I think this would give more readers (more) reason to come back more often and stimulate MORE
debate in the forums...

I am relatively new to the magazine and the forum, so I apologize if this has already been done or whatever - thanks for running such a great site anyways!

Joe M.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: friendly suggestion for the magazine!

As the former editor of an online magazine (one issue a month for 4 years) I have to say that in my experience, going to twice a month would be a major headache.

I had enough trouble making sure everyone had their articles in on time for one monthly deadline..
Old 10-25-2005, 10:24 PM

Read posts in the archives while you are waiting for the 1st of the month to arrive.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When the new magazine for the month comes out though, I eagerly read up all the articles and then have to wait 'til next month for more!

<snip>

I am relatively new to the magazine and the forum. ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Two Plus Two is one of the premier poker websites and forums. However, the magazine is a fairly new addition. You wouldn’t believe the improvement in production quality within a short time. Who is proofreading the articles? – I recall someone offering to do a free cursory job.

No one has previously suggested two segments, but I imagine that practically all of the readers would enjoy it. I defer to William Springer’s statement that the editor’s workload would increase. However, this would be somewhat offset by the fact that each issue would have only half the number of contributors as the current issue.

Mike Bandy