Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Feels ugly, hand from 10/20 HU session

Villain and I had played before, but never for an extended period of time HU. He's kind of bluffy, meaning he calls my value bets and makes marginal value bets with mid-pair when he thinks I can't call. He's followed his big semi and pure bluffs through to the river. I view him as a sort of tricky, good player, who makes questionable calls. The questionable calls are why I'm continuing to play with him.

We both have about 4.5k in front, and the only reason I want to keep playing so deep is because I set him up to take his stack with a bunch of semi-bluff all-ins earlier where he called with top pair (one I hit, one I did not). My image is tricky LAG - very aggro preflop and potting many flops, tightening up by the turn.

He has changed up his play - earlier in the session he would just complete from the SB with strong holdings and wait for me to raise; after about an hour he started raising them himself.

So this hand comes up about 2 hours into our session. I'm in the SB with 9h10c. I raise to 60 (standard for me), Villain, on button reraises to 150. He hasn't done the reraise from anywhere preflop much during the session. I call, putting him on JJ-AA, AK or AQsuited.

Flop ($300): 2c7h10h. I check/call 225, hoping to pick up something on the turn or that he'll slow down with a missed hand.

Turn ($750): 8h. I check/call $450. At this point I have him on overpair with a heart, so KK with a heart or AA with a heart, or AQh, or AKh, or he's on a pure bluff. And part of me thinks he could have a set. I'm very confused as to what he'd continue to bet the turn with. Before I call I look up, pray to the gods that he has the ace of hearts and I complete my straight flush, and take his silly little stack.

River ($1650). 10s. I check/call 1100, cursing the gods and hoping my hand holds up.

This was ugly - I need help somewhere.