Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Online all-in etiquette question...

I am not convince waiting is the "right" thing to do. IF you are trying ot make friends, maybe it is. If you are playing to make money, its part of the game, especially in this medium. However, its part of the game in B&M too. If you are away from the table, you post and fold. I would take his buy in and expect him to do the same.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:11 PM

Sorry for the bump, just wanted to respond.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys serious who said they would wait??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, you could do the "right" thing - but connection problems on someone else's end shouldn't force you (per the moral policy) to begin hating money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate money. I just don't think it's right to do it. Do unto others...

Also, I'm looking to make money playing poker, not by what I consider to be shooting angles.

[ QUOTE ]
No offense, but you are a fool and could have been banned for collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense but you are an idiot. Who am I colluding with? Who am I colluding against? Myself?

[ QUOTE ]
I am not convince waiting is the "right" thing to do. If you are trying ot make friends, maybe it is. If you are playing to make money, its part of the game, especially in this medium. However, its part of the game in B&M too. If you are away from the table, you post and fold. I would take his buy in and expect him to do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just doing it because I do think it's right. And how does it apply on the net more than B&M? A person in a B&M made a conscious decision to get up and were well aware of the consequences (btw, I assume you're talking about a tourney, not a cash game). On the net, if someone's gone for > 5 minutes, they're almost certainly disconnected.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would implore the other players to stall until he got back and if they didn't I would start crying.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh
Old 12-01-2005, 08:50 PM

tripp, you chip dumped.

people have had their accounts locked up for all sorts of strange things.

players have had their accounts closed for chip dumping at heads-up cash tables. So, you are an idiot.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:44 PM

Turneys are about stealing the blinds. This is a turney. Steal the [censored] blinds.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would implore the other players to stall until he got back and if they didn't I would start crying.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and then I would pull myself together and make it to the final table only to blow it on a bad semi-bluff.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP:

I've been in both situations. When I was the DC'd player, I called Bodog and got my money back because it was a problem with their software.

In the other situation (HU SNG), I stalled as long as I could. The guy came back in something like 4 minutes. I raised the amount of money I had won while he was offline and told him to raise so that I could fold and we'd be even. If it had gone on much longer (say up to around 7 or 8 minutes), I'd contact support and ask them to kill the match and return money to me and the other player. I'd expect the same courtesy in return, though I likely wouldn't get it. However, I'm not going to angle shoot just because someone else does.

[/ QUOTE ]

good deal. This is what I would do as well. I dont buy all that "well theyd do it to you, so you do it to them" its angle shooting plain and simple IMO. I however wouldnt wait on support, if it went on longer than 5 minutes id just run his stack down and then transfer him his buy in back. Tho I guess Id be eating the vig. So contacting support is the way to go. But if the site I was at is anything like party, im not wasting my time with support, so id prolly just transfer him back his buy-in less whatever I had to pay the house. Which I still think is fair.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:30 AM

I wait for a while, but you have no compulsion to do so.

Mack
Old 12-02-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tripp, you chip dumped.

people have had their accounts locked up for all sorts of strange things.

players have had their accounts closed for chip dumping at heads-up cash tables. So, you are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my biggest pet peeves is dealing with idiots. You, sir, are an idiot.

I am not chip dumping if I give a guy his chips back that I won while he was disconnected. Chip dumping is the act of one player giving his chips to another so that the second has an edge over others. My giving chips back is for fairness, not so that he has an edge over me.