Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 12-20-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Anybody rather win a satellite into the WPT Championship than the ME?

I was just thinking about this the other day. From a story telling standpoint and the 'coolness' factor I think a satellite into the WPT Championship might be better than the WE Main Event. Let's face it the Main Event is so large, with pushing over 6000 players next year that when you are seated at the table you might not recognize anybody at your table or the neighboring tables. At a full table of 10 at the WPT Championship you are sure to know between two and seven pros, if you follow the game closely, who ponied up the $25,000 to enter. Sure the compeitition will be much harder, but to be the best you have to beat the best.

Thoughts?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Anybody rather win a satellite into the WPT Championship than the

i'd rather take a shot at the bigger money against weaker players. playing against good players gets old fast. give me [censored] opponents any day.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Anybody rather win a satellite into the WPT Championship than the ME?

The WPT Champ is a higher buyin, so I guess I would rather have one of those. The WSOP is much softer though. There is a big difference between playing fish and top pros.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just thinking about this the other day. From a story telling standpoint and the 'coolness' factor I think a satellite into the WPT Championship might be better than the WE Main Event. Let's face it the Main Event is so large, with pushing over 6000 players next year that when you are seated at the table you might not recognize anybody at your table or the neighboring tables. At a full table of 10 at the WPT Championship you are sure to know between two and seven pros, if you follow the game closely, who ponied up the $25,000 to enter. Sure the compeitition will be much harder, but to be the best you have to beat the best.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and then have to play the final table in less than 6 hours because of absurd blinds.

No thanks..

And why the hell would I want pros at my table.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and then have to play the final table in less than 6 hours because of absurd blinds.

No thanks..

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be neat to play alongside some of the best players in the world.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It would be neat to play alongside some of the best players in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Win the ME then you can play with the pros all you want afterwards.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

No thanks..

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know anything about you, but I know if I were at that final table of the WPT championship, I'm hoping the blinds are as high as they can possibly be.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:52 AM

Blinds need to be at an all in pace if the final table is full of pros
Old 12-21-2005, 01:01 AM

You don't get sh*t for coverage during the WPT Championship unless you FT, you can still be a superstar in the ME by just cursing a lot, being smelly, not being able to use your arms, crying a lot, being loud and fat, or fighting
Old 12-21-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't get sh*t for coverage during the WPT Championship unless you FT, you can still be a superstar in the ME by just cursing a lot, being smelly, not being able to use your arms, crying a lot, being loud and fat, or fighting

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you assume a random player would want coverage?