Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-03-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: DERB

[ QUOTE ]
What?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you only play AA, KK, QQ, and AK, then when you get played back at after a while, you will have to put your opponent on one of these hands as well. Conversely, if you played 50% of your hands, you would find that people often try to bluff you, because they have a bad hand but still want to win the pot. The more loose and aggressive you play the more often people try to bluff you.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Conversely, if you played 50% of your hands, you would find that people often try to bluff you, because they have a bad hand but still want to win the pot. The more loose and aggressive you play the more often people try to bluff you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not (at least should not be) true.

-Brad
Old 11-03-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not (at least should not be) true.

-Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I mean mostly a LAG style preflop. Obviously if you are going off for 3bets on the turn or river with nothing, you won't get bluffed very much. However, if you play even somewhat normal postflop you'll get put to the test alot because they know you often have a hand you can't call with.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: More Derb Hands

Exactly Paluka. It seems fairly simple to play against him in a heads up battle or even multiway(as i have often seen him try to fire through 5 people to win the pot with nothing). I am sure over the long run, it will be necessary to make some adjustments, but I don't know who he is winning against.

DERB seems to be putting a lot of money into pots he is not winning and playing a lot of pots. I cannot imagine that this is +EV(those calls with ace high are not rare). It would seem that the only way to compensate for this would be if he were winning a large amount of pots with his agression, which he doesn't seem to be.

I am sure this has been discussed, but he seems to have a very high $won when saw flop compared to me, who sees significantly less flops...

Jason
Old 11-03-2005, 04:35 PM

One thing I have seem DERB do is win absurdly large pots with one pair against overcards when tards think that 3 betting him on the turn with AK high is a good play.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Abdul Jalib - the Slovenien Connection

[ QUOTE ]
Srendi Vashtar posted the Shania thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are both correct...Srendi = Backdoor, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
explained through unconventional (by 2+2 wisdom) game theory adaptations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you just repeating words you have heard used in poker conversations, or do you mean actual game theory?
Old 11-03-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you just repeating words you have heard used in poker conversations, or do you mean actual game theory?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you and idiot? yes. of course i mean actual game theory. His turn and river plays work, for the most part because of the mix of hands with which he makes the plays. I believe his success to be largely an application of game theory in much the same way that an effective NL flop/turn strategy may be based on game theory.

-Brad
Old 11-03-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 6 is a very easy value bet. Hand 2 river pay off is bad. Hand 7 cap. ... that is from 75 hands.

why not make a 2nd account take about 10 of derbs hands and post them without anyone knowing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I agree with all of this.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:54 PM

One hot player.