Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: this whole thread is ruined. dont waste our time please.

[ QUOTE ]
"Absolutely does not include A9 or A8, or anything similar."

you need to say that in your initial post. first you say she's on tilt then you say she has a small range of hands she could cap with. as a result now this whole thread is botched, everyone's time is wasted, and the thread should be deleted. no one will learn anything, except hopefully you will learn how to write better initial posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, dick. Considering some of the rambling dumbass posts you have put together over the past few years, I would have expected a little more leeway. That said, you are right, its defintely my fault this thread is a mess. Sorry guys.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: this whole thread is ruined. dont waste our time please.

"Thanks, dick. Considering some of the rambling dumbass posts you have put together over the past few years,"

it's one thing to make a post that's meant to be humorous. it's another to just botch a post and waste people's time.

there are sometimes hands that come up where i think gee this hand was interesting but then i realise that there's no way for me to post it and have it make sense because the fold or raise or whatever that i made was based on a read. so it's either post it tommy style where i explain all my thinking in the opening post or dont post it at all because if i just lay out the bare facts of it ill be wasting people's time. long time posters (like you) should be aware of this. it's why i dont come on here as much and am phasing it out of my life. i feel like im wasting my time too much and not learning anything.

if you had posted a "rambling" post where you described everything going on in your mind during the hand i think that could be really prodcutive for players like me because i want to understand how better players think and learn how to do the same sort of logic at the tables. instead of this sort of insight though im just getting these rancidly played hands by high limit online players that are not fully explained, or posters like JA who give their most thorough analysis in pms rather than on the forum, or just tons of clueless noobs who post one sentence meaningless posts like "i would raise the turn" that are devoid of any thought or nuance. so often i write a post and then just delete it because i realise i am not contributing anything new to the thread or teaching anything or heading towards learning anything, or even (intentionally) making anyone lol. josh, is another guy i love, and i know he is a top player, but the threads he starts are sometimes garbage because the initial post leaves out important detail. ditto andy fox. and someone like gabe who's a close friend normally limits his posts to worthless one word replies. and that's become a pet peeve of mine, i really hate it and i hate the waste of time this fourm has become from posters not carefully thinking through things before we post. it just makes us all think the other guy's a dick.

tommy told me one time that this forum is primarily a writing forum. i wish more of you took that idea to heart.

\vent done/
Old 10-15-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: 300-600 hand VS Mimi Tran

ok see that helps knowing it's that guy in the bb im putting him on AQ for sure and saying fold the turn. those twins are playing 3-6! lol oh someone please give me some money!
Old 10-15-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok see that helps knowing it's that guy in the bb im putting him on AQ for sure and saying fold the turn. those twins are playing 3-6! lol oh someone please give me some money!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah wheelchair June put him up. I thought AQ or maybe AJs, and I did think about both folding the turn, and checkraising the turn to try to get him off of it. And yeah, the game was great, he was actually a favorite in that game.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:41 PM

"he was actually a favorite in that game."

if myy typingh id a litteetle mewessed up in thies rewyply it'sss becuse imase cryinglg scso harda
Old 10-15-2005, 07:22 PM

so if river was not K, do you call on the off-chance she has KK?
Old 10-15-2005, 09:37 PM

This is a really botched hand. You can't just call along and then fold this river.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:16 PM

If her range of hands doesn't include A8 or A9, then this hand should be folded on the flop. It's close whether you should three-bet preflop. Maybe Mimi wasn't on tilt. I just don't like this call, call, call approach. Perhaps I would bet the flop--but I'm folding on the tunr, at the very least.

Another point--how close was this session to your biggest loss?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:28 PM

Default POST OF THE YEAR!

~stephen
Old 10-15-2005, 10:39 PM

I tied it.