Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Why you should care that Americans still believe in God:

The Democrats were once the majority party.

There is often talk about if the world would be a better place if everyone was aware that there is a God, and I am a firm believer that this country would be much better off with the belief in God, and one of the primary reasons for that is that the Democrat party would never again hold the majority.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Why you should care that Americans still believe in God:

troll post - also redundant cause you're just stealing the title of another thread and trying to get attention with a new one instead of posting in the old one. - and it's really more of a political cheap shot instead of a discussion on God anyways -

moderator has been notified -

RB

P.S. - I hope we never become a Christian Country - we'd never be able to defend ourselves - Christ taught to turn the other cheek - so anyone who calls themselves a Christian and supports war is in direct violation of the commandments of Jesus - they're sinners and they're wrong - there is not a single command of Christ's in the bible where they advocate killing, going to war, or doing anything but giving praise to God when you're persecuted -

Fortunately, that pile of [censored] called Fundmentalism that is practiced by so many of your Right Wing bullshitters isn't Christianity in anything but name anyways. It's a pathetic fusion of Pharisee legalism and Old Testament selective ritual Law infused with a coating of "Jesus saves" with the parthentical "if you act like us and become a mindless drone with the Religious Right" - That's not the Christianity of the Bible.

It's funny, there are so many religious discussions on here - and I'm ashamed to tell them I'm a Christian.

But I'm not ashamed of Christ, - and I'll tell David Skalansky to his face I'm a Christian and no moral argument he'll make will change that.

But I'm ashamed of people like you who call themselves Christian and are so blatently out of touch with what he taught - You bring shame to the God and the faith I love - you ensnare people with lies and rules and profane the name of God with your wars in the name of "faith and defending our Christian way of life" You have tainted my faith by taking your bullshit way of practicing it and putting it under my label

You bring shame to God, and you bring shame to me. You make me ashamed to call myself a Christian - nice job. It's the only time I ever feel that emotion and the Religious Right does it to me.

RB
Old 11-08-2005, 05:44 PM

I'm sorry you missed the point of my post. In your defense, the point is hidden. Can you guess what it is?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:16 PM

Whiskey,

Token is making an argument against Democrats, not necessarily for Religion. In other words, for him it wouldn’t matter what would cause Democrats to whither away. If it is Religion that would do it, so be it. The end would justify the means for him in this case. Or to borrow from the other thread - is doesn’t matter to him if the answer (no more Dems) is right for possibly the wrong (a Religious State) reasons here.

It does appear that he is making an argument for Religion and he does in fact say “…I am a firm believer that this country would be much better off with the belief in God…”. His main point, though, is against Democrats.

I’ll refrain from agreeing with you or not to the rest of your post until I see a specific point worth opining (i.e. he hasn’t offended me like he has you...yet.)

RJT
Old 11-08-2005, 06:19 PM

If it's political, perhaps you should post in the appropriate forum.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry you missed the point of my post. In your defense, the point is hidden. Can you guess what it is?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply a clever rebuttal to the thread with an identical title started by ZeeJustin. I'm surprised so many people are missing that.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:23 PM

My point is that posts like ZeeJustin's might engender more meaningful discussions if they weren't merely a string of platitudes.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My point is that posts like ZeeJustin's might engender more meaningful discussions if they weren't merely a string of platitudes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it. It was satire.

p.s. Good catch Arty.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:24 PM

it is the implication -

You have to understand something about the Religious minded - by saying a path is the best to take because that's what God wants, you are implying that not only is the other path WRONG, but that to take it would actually be a sin that offends God, since that's not what he wanted you to do.

The bible thumping mindset is common today - the preacher that kicks out members of his congregation because they voted Democrat - If I stand by and let this unspoken but implied piece of bullshit go thru without addressing it, then I am part of the problem myself...

unacceptable - God does NOT have a lock on the Republican Party - when I think of what Jesus would do, sending young boys off to die for oil profits and poisoning the oceans so they're unsafe to eat fish doesn't fall under Christian Conduct.

And I don't see the "love one another as I have loved you" command being carried out by Bigots who want to burn homosexuals and women who have had an abortion at the stake, either figuratively or literally.

But this is drifting out of religion and into politics - suprised it hasn't been locked actually, but if someone gets up on here and says "This is what would make America great and Republican again - believing in God" - I'll get right in their face and call them out on it.

I don't care if they're goddamn baldfaced liars or just deluded idiots on a power trip - you don't throw down that bullshit without expecting a response from me...

IF he's being satrical or answering a point that supports me, fine - but there are still plenty of other idiots on this board that DO share the mindset I'm discussing - and I will NOT let them have a monopoly on the word Christianity and I will not let their definitions stand without comparing them to the Bible they claim to like and showing what bullshit they're preaching and how it is in direct opposition to what Jesus taught.

RB
Old 11-08-2005, 08:46 PM

I like it Token, I understood right away what you are saying.