Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Gigantic 6-max pot

BB appears to like a call when he makes his hand so he can raise the turn. If his call/raise does mean a flush and not a big spade or a protected set or two pair, should I just call the turn? And am I good often enough to keep raising this river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (17.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 29.50 BB
Old 07-23-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Gigantic 6-max pot

With this board, reraising the turn is very thin. The villain has to suspect that you have a big A in your hand, but he's still raising you. If you would have had AA, and the opponent might wait until the turn to raise a hand such as top pair, then raising might have value, but here it's probably just spewing.

When BB just calls the river, you can be quite sure your hand beats his. But now suddenly MP wakes up... His play fits perfectly with a set (scared of the flush, but now made a fh) or perhaps a str8flushdraw (with the 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]). The only hand you're hoping him to have is something with the Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. But with that turn action, I think even a Q high flush would slow down on this river.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:33 AM

Nice hand.

I think the river raise is right on. You are proably up against a donk who fell in love with his wheel. Although I'd hate to see MP turn over A5 for the runner runner boat.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:26 PM

I don't think I like a turn check-call, and with the nut flush on the river I think I need to bet out since only a boat or the straight flush will beat me. If I go bet/call on both the turn and river, does that sound like a better line?