Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 04:19 PM

Default If I can\'t win multitabling...

Am I a -ev player if I can win one tabling 5/10 PP but lose 4 tabling 2/4?

I only have about 1k hands at each.. I know the sample size is FAR too small.. but in general... if someone looses multitabling and wins single tabling is the single table winning just variance?
Old 07-11-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: If I can\'t win multitabling...

the fact that you cant answer this question, definately means you shouldnt be 4 tabling
Old 07-11-2005, 05:54 PM

awesome post moron.

I am a mostly live player and have been playing live seriously for 7 years and I am just getting into online you dickwad.. If you don't have anything useful to say stop POLLUTING the forums.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
awesome post moron.

I am a mostly live player and have been playing live seriously for 7 years and I am just getting into online you dickwad.. If you don't have anything useful to say stop POLLUTING the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]
woah..take a chill pill dude, I don't think he meant anything negative by his comments. Just that you should make sure youre a winning player at 1 table over a large sample size before you start multi tabling.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:18 PM

While the sample size IS small and it's hard to say with any certainty, it is possible that you are -EV as a multitabler at this point. Also, playing multiple tables should decrease your variance and you will make more absolute dollars if you are a winning player. At the same time, though, your win rate per 100 hands will drop as you add more tables. You do lose edge as you add more tables. It is difficult to process a lot of information as you add tables, which will cause more mistakes.

I think multitabling is one of those things where you move up the number of tables one at a time gradually, seeing where your comfort level lies. Start with 2, once comfortable try 3, etc.

Personally, I only play 1-2 tables at a time. I found that I don't lose much by playing 2 tables at once, but once I get the third table up, I start missing out on info. I do not play for a living, just for the mental stimuation and to make a few bucks, so that kills some of the enjoyment for me because I like to try and read players. If I were playing for a living, I guess I'd try pretty hard to get comfortable playing 3+ tables.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
awesome post moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 07-11-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, playing multiple tables should decrease your variance

[/ QUOTE ]

woa, this statement is horribly wrong

[ QUOTE ]
At the same time, though, your win rate per 100 hands will drop as you add more tables. You do lose edge as you add more tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

This fact right here will INCREASE your varience (but that still isnt why your other statement is wrong)
Old 07-11-2005, 07:10 PM

Whoa--Alobar wasn't being a dick at all. Just stick with one table and maybe add another one if you get comfortable and/or bored. But more importantly, relax.

Also, Alobar's avatar is awesome. I recognized it as "Saturno Devorando a Su Hijo" by Goya right away. One of my favorite paintings.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
awesome post moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand by my original statement
Old 07-11-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the fact that you cant answer this question, definately means you shouldnt be 4 tabling

[/ QUOTE ]