Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 8-16

Hey bro, I'm a bit older than most here too. No sarcasm meant or taken from my end either. Sometimes posters just aren't aware of how the swings of a larger game can affect how they play and the effect they can have on their trip enjoyment, so I just wanted to bring that up....so you could load up properly for those games.

I've played in both the Mirage $6/$12 and the Bellagio $8/$16 and have enjoyed both. Lots of visitors in both games and they are loose and aggressive at times, which makes for a profitable trip. I'm going to play the Bellagio $15/$30 this trip or the Mirage $10/$20 or $20/$40. Have played the Mirage $10/$20 before and have enjoyed that too. Sometimes tight, sometimes loose and full of visitors, but always a good time.

So if you are at those two locations on Monday the 17th through Thursday the 20th, look for a guy with a gray goatee from Northern Wisconsin and come and say hi. Good Luck out there. Have fun.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10-20 games suck compared to 8-16 using $2 chips or 9-18 using $3 chips. California has proven this many times over. The visual of the extra chips in the pots creates tons more loose action. While the 2chip-4chip 10-20 games get filled with nits and tight asses. Finding a 10-20 game with avg pots over $150 becomes nearly impossible while the 8-16 games will often avg well over 200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point, here in California, I have heard of afew 10-20 games with green chips ($2) so the pots are lik those in the 25-50 games( a pile of chips every hand) gives the appearance the game is bigger than it often is.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:49 AM

go at like 3AM and find a shorthanded table if you like shorthanded action. bunch of passives.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:06 AM

I played the 15/30 all trip at the Bellagio...that game was pretty easy imo. What little 8/16 I played seemed the same or maybe worse. Games were especially good during the USC-OK game.

You can read my trip report under bicyclekick's if you need further info [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2005, 11:17 AM

The Bellagio 8/16 is pretty easy... I would compare it to the Party 2/4. I think that it is pretty similar (or perhaps a little better) to the Mirage 6/12, but it all depends on your table. Chances are that you will have just one or two people at your table who you can classify as "good".

But like someone said, there is a potential for small-bankroll ruin due to the nature of these games, so be sure to have enough cash. Last time I played it, I was down $400 to start the night, only to rally back and finish up $150.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:18 PM

The Bellagio 8/16 is an absolutely awesome game. I second the thought that it is even better late on a weekend night. However, at most times of the day, it is one of the juiciest games that I've ever encountered.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:16 PM

When I was there the 6-12 at Mirage played tight enough where a PF raise would steal the blinds, often. We had to teach some of the people what "chopping" the blinds meant because the situation never occurred before in their regular lower limit games.

Bellagio's 8/16 was much looser and crazier, almost frantic. People would buy in for $120 and be gone in ten minutes.

I think the nature of these limits in vegas, can cause the texture of the table to greatly change as players come and go. Both games had some players who I would classify as solid. I would agree that the Mirage 6/12 is a little tighter in general and probably a good place to start. Plus the room feels more comfortable, less frantic.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:12 PM

Am I the only one who gets tired of hearing this bankroll [censored]? To me, its an excuse for weakness. If you got the balls, take a shot at the higher limits.

Most all of us here have jobs(outside of poker) which are good at replenishing bankrolls.

If you can afford traveling to vegas, you can drop $500 on the poker table.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who gets tired of hearing this bankroll [censored]? To me, its an excuse for weakness. If you got the balls, take a shot at the higher limits.

Most all of us here have jobs(outside of poker) which are good at replenishing bankrolls.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's players like you that make the higher limits so profitable.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about enough for 2 or 3 bad suckouts in a typical $8/$16 game. (And they have happened to me back to back.)