Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Is this not the most ridiculous parenting ever???

My kids have been around computer games all their lives, my daughter has played GTA a small amount although she tended to run around more than anything and doesnt really like it she prefers Mario and Shrek to anything like that.

I do sometimes swear in front of them in the car etc but try not too too much.

My daughter thinks if someone says shut up in a nasty way its really bad never mind using any other bad words. The two stepkids have never as yet brought trouble to the door and in the main are well behaved.

If there are older people in the house then kids are going to be exposed to stuff accidently or not, whether their dad or older brother are playing games or watching older films whatever. I try not to let them see certain stuff and tell the stepson to not watch or play certain things when the younger ones are around.

But my feeling is that their morals and knowing right or wrong and knowing how to act appropriately does not come from games or tv but from us as parents. As kids did we not play cops and robbers etc etc games are an extension of this , if she was playing GTA from beginning to end I would have issues with it as it does have inappropriate content, but having an quick play on it is hardly going to change a good kid into the spawn of satan.