Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: I feel like a limit player

If this was a total dry bluff, i don't think it's such a bad spot. the fact that he probably has outs is just an added bonus!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this was a total dry bluff, i don't think it's such a bad spot. the fact that he probably has outs is just an added bonus!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, although it adds an element of reverse implied odds if I hit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, this play worked out this time - he folded quickly...
Old 07-12-2005, 02:38 PM

I think your check raise is excellent both in timing and amount. When you decided to contest the pot you didn't gain much information. I'm always trying to put myself in villains spot with his most likely hands, in this case i'm guessing KJ. Right now I'm thinking I should have raised the flop bet to figure out what kind of J you had. Now I'm wondering if I'm up against something like AJos and what am I going to do with no help on the river? Tough spot. Think I'll let this one go. Besides I have no reads at all.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I was hesitent to simply say that the checkraise was a bad play... I started to write that, but I couldn't convince myself that it was true. So instead I think it's more fair simply to say that the more effective this is as a bluff, the less likely it is that any of your outs are good when you get called.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless it induces your opponent to raise or fold, rendering your outs useless.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:58 AM

I really like the play as a way to mix things up. Hopefully you will slow him down on the turn some later on when you have TP type hands that may be good but need a cheap showdown.

FWIW, I check/fold the river if I miss, check/call a reasonable bet if I hit the non jack flush.