Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Is there a better way?

For the life of me, I hate the way I played this. I can't put my finger on why. Was it the turn or river? Or both? Or none? Villian after 15 hands was 42/4/1. Table overall was pretty loose in the short time I had been there.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, MP1 calls.

River: (13.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
Old 04-02-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Is there a better way?

what's betting the turn here that you beat?

i really don't like the turn raise. the only thing you beat is a bluff, and in that case you don't want to raise and make him give it up.

i'm folding here without a better read. if you know the player is silly, then call down, don't raise.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Is there a better way?

When MP2 bet into me on the flop, I put him on a six at least. Remember, this is 2/4 Party, and the guy is pretty darn loose pre-flop.

When he stop-n-go'ed me on the turn, I raised to force out button. At that point, I had MP2 on K6 or A6 of diamonds, or KJ. But my hand reading skills leave something to be desired of late.