Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Party Super Monday: JJ faces reraise deep into tourney

27 players remaining. Average stack 36.7k. I have just built up to chipleader within the last 10 hands. I don't figure CO to be a monster in any case from what I've seen him play. I haven't seen BB too much as we were just put at the same table within the previous orbit. Easy call? Is this just a math problem? What range do you put BB on?

Thanks,
-Ace

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t3000 (9 handed) converter

Hero (t119738)
CO (t8560)
Button (t56141)
SB (t18100)
BB (t30096)
UTG (t32974)
UTG+1 (t39448)
MP1 (t13918)
MP2 (t58166)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t9000</font>, CO calls [t8560] , <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB moves all-in, t21096 to Hero to call. What's your play?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Party Super Monday: JJ faces reraise deep into tourney

Call.

The odds are 2,33 to 1 here. CO is probably calling here with any Ace but BB got me worried but you got em both covered by much. I am thinking you will very much be ahead of BB here more than 2 in 1 times. Even if CO beats you, you will make a profit on BB. I'd call.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:17 PM

easy call considering your stack. If you had 40-60k or so you might think about it but bb could have AKAQ99,1010 or maybe isolating with a hand worse then that. Congratulations on the win.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:31 PM

I put him on trying to defend his blinds, figuring you are playing LAG and wont give up another 12k, but with the size of your stack vs the quality of your hand, making this a multi-pot hurts but, there is already 18k in pot, 9 yours with your stack depth i call this.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:24 PM

I suppose it's a math problem, but my instinct tells me you're good enough here and you can easily risk some chips here. Your raise looks stealish and they may think you're being a bully and push with many hands JJ crushes.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I put him on trying to defend his blinds, figuring you are playing LAG and wont give up another 12k, but with the size of your stack vs the quality of your hand, making this a multi-pot hurts but, there is already 18k in pot, 9 yours with your stack depth i call this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would more likely be the case if the CO hadn't moved all in. But now he's risking 1/3 of his stack against what should atleast be an above average hand and the rest of it againt a big stack getting good odds on a call. It's not a normal re-steal situation. He's got a hand. He's short but not desperate, so unless he decided to get stupid you've got to give him credit. I liked the previous range against 99+,AQ+ and the CO on 22+,Ax, Any two Ten or higher. You're even money against BB's range, and have a good edge 3-way. Call.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:51 PM

Well, CO flipped up A5o and BB flipped up KK. I had the mouse over the call button and clicked instantly and felt like fool for doing so. Curious to see if anyones opinion changes on this call.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:00 PM

Nope not really. I stand by what I said. I felt CO had any ace which I wrote but hey, it's just a minor setback, you had them both covered.