Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 12:03 PM

Default I finally gave in

I bought an iPod. I had been considering it, and almost bought one from Bicyclekick but he decided to keep it which was fine with me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be cut off from the rest of the table, and I hadn't owned a set of "headphones" since I was in high school over 15 years ago. ([censored] am I old). I wasn't sure if I'd use it. My experience at Canterbury yesterday pushed me over the edge. A grumpy, truck-driving [censored] berating the fish, an annoying old dude who kept calling aces "stickers" and letting out an irritating cackle everytime he said it, a metrosexual douche-bag who kept flirting with the acne-riddled chip runner, two gentlemen from the sub-continent discussing what they would have had had they not folded preflop. I could take it no more. So, after $350 at Target, I have an iPod and some noise-blocking headphones. I never thought I would become that guy. I am that guy. The other option was $19.99 on a Louisville Slugger and bashing all of their brains in, but nothing kills a good game like a guy beating the players to death with a baseball bat. That is all.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: I finally gave in

[ QUOTE ]
The other option was $19.99 on a Lousiville Slugger and bashing all of thier brains in, but nothing kills a good game like a guy beating the players to death with a baseball bat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, this actually sounds like the fastest and most effective way to get all their chips. Plus you save $330.01 in costs to boot.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The other option was $19.99 on a Lousiville Slugger and bashing all of thier brains in, but nothing kills a good game like a guy beating the players to death with a baseball bat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, this actually sounds like the fastest and most effective way to get all their chips. Plus you save $330.01 in costs to boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prison is -EV IMHO.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prison is -EV IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard their 1/2 cigarette game is gold mine.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I heard their 1/2 cigarette game is gold mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard being a big winner at that game will turn you into a mine of sorts.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:08 PM

Bob, what kind of noise-cancelling phones did you get? I'm looking into adding a pair of these, and any recommendations would be helpful.

FWIW, this is more for work than the B&M, b/c someone years ago decided the company should have an "open floor plan". Great.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:42 PM

I know nothing about these headphones. I bought some Phillips ones. They were $60, so I am guessing that they're not all that great.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:56 PM

I highly recommend the Bose Quiet Comfort 2's. Definitely on the more expensive side but they work amazingly. I use these at work everyday and can't imagine traveling on an airplane without them.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I highly recommend the Bose Quiet Comfort 2's. Definitely on the more expensive side but they work amazingly. I use these at work everyday and can't imagine traveling on an airplane without them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the Bose Triports. No matter what pair you get be sure to burn them in. Burn-in is the term of "wear in" and to do so you need to hook up your headphones to some source. Then proceed to play the music very loud. Make you have a variety of music playing. Let it play for a 24hours or so, and then the sound quality improves drastically.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the Bose Triports. No matter what pair you get be sure to burn them in. Burn-in is the term of "wear in" and to do so you need to hook up your headphones to some source. Then proceed to play the music very loud. Make you have a variety of music playing. Let it play for a 24hours or so, and then the sound quality improves drastically.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of $$$$ are we talking about here?