Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: bunkfest trip report (kind of lame cause I can\'t write)

[ QUOTE ]

I missed the bar exploits because I was busy gettin pwned in a 4 handed pink chip game where I was playing like a nit against 3 raving maniacs who were catching fantastic cards and one smart LAG who also pwns me at 2-7 TD.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Good to meet the folks who came back for a little chinese poker and the late night rock fest.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I missed the bar exploits because I was busy getting pwned in a 4 handed pink chip game where I was playing like a nit against 3 raving maniacs who were catching fantastic cards and one smart LAG who also pwns me at 2-7 TD.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Good to meet the folks who came back for a little chinese poker and the late night rock fest.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call raising UTG with Q6s when there are two other maniacs at the table who will 3 bet you just to see the look on your face smart, then the shoe fits. You are most definitely smart.

And yes, you have pwned me more than once at TD 2-7.... you are extremely lucky at catching cards, you have some sort of unnatural talent that brings you that miracle 2 outer every time. And I'm not saying this in a bad way, its really freaky how lucky you have been in that game when we play live.

I forgot about the Chinese Poker game, that was a blast. Next time we can play with bonuses, then the variance will really start kicking in. As a perfect example of Chuck's luck he pulls a straight flush on his first Chinese Poker hand, that would have been 5 bonus points from each of us!!!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I missed the bar exploits because I was busy getting pwned in a 4 handed pink chip game where I was playing like a nit against 3 raving maniacs who were catching fantastic cards and one smart LAG who also pwns me at 2-7 TD.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call raising UTG with Q6s when there are two other maniacs at the table who will 3 bet you just to see the look on your face smart, then the shoe fits. You are most definitely smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was my hand good? I thought so.

[ QUOTE ]
And yes, you have pwned me more than once at TD 2-7.... you are extremely lucky at catching cards, you have some sort of unnatural talent that brings you that miracle 2 outer every time. And I'm not saying this in a bad way, its really freaky how lucky you have been in that game when we play live.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I struck a nerve... knowing your competition is a big part of the game...

But I admit not having a clue playing the 10/20 Stud/8-Omaha/8 rotation. I was lucky to walk away up a few dollars at that game.

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot about the Chinese Poker game, that was a blast. Next time we can play with bonuses, then the variance will really start kicking in. As a perfect example of Chuck's luck he pulls a straight flush on his first Chinese Poker hand, that would have been 5 bonus points from each of us!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't my first CP hand. I have played several times before (and it was the second hand of the night). TT is making shyt up because I put him on tilt. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And did someone explain to Jason T the advantages of the time pot?
Old 07-31-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I struck a nerve... knowing your competition is a big part of the game...

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't strike a nerve, sorry if thats how it came across in my last post. You really do draw in bad situations very good, luck (and Triple Draw does have a high degree of luck) has seriously been on your side in that game. For that you should feel blessed.

By first hand of CP I meant first hand of the night. Perhaps you were right, maybe it was the second hand. Regardless thats one hell of a tough hand to beat.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't strike a nerve, sorry if thats how it came across in my last post. You really do draw in bad situations very good, luck (and Triple Draw does have a high degree of luck) has seriously been on your side in that game. For that you should feel blessed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit, I have gotten very lucky with my draws -- but don't underestimate the talent of your competition... contrary to popular belief, I do fold some draws (on occassion -- to mix up my game... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]) and I have snowed when I missed my draw and induced folds from certain 2+2ers (a/k/a nits). Of course, if I was there for the tourney last night, I would have rocked the TD part of the rotation...

anyway, time to crash so I can be ready for another crappy week at work -- I get my full share of bad luck at the office.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:24 AM

I didn't think I was that much of a maniac TT. Whoever was in the 8 seat was though. You think you got pwned.

-j
Old 08-01-2005, 02:47 AM

Thanks to Bunky, TT, and all the other 2+2's who made the event a success. You are always welcome at the Satellite Club, and we will spread any crazy game (of skill) that the you can come up with. (Don't forget the pineapple round) I was especially impressed with the "quality" of play AFTER the bar. Please come by any time you're in the neighborhood.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:56 AM

stox,

Excellent trip report. It was great seeing you again, as well as sfer (and his girlfriend), bdk3clash, bunky and his wife, TT, turnipmonster, maxpower, actionbob. Got to meet Jaon_T and klepton, as well as a host of other 2+2ers. Kudos to TT for pulling together a tourney that was almost incomprehensible in its format to both dealers and players [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], but which was a lot of fun. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Poker 327, who I had just met briefly, picked me as his partner. It was decided that I would play Stud8 (of which I had never played a single hand before) and O/8 (of which I had about 300 online hands of practice). Yet, through my aggressive folding technique and poker327's excellent third draw drawing at TDL 2-7, we managed to make it to the final table. I survived 2 all-ins at Stud/8 at the final table so that poker 327 could come to bat at O/8 and TDL. When we got down to 4 teams we were the second shortest stack. Had I been playing I probably would have tried to fold my way into the money. To his credit, poker 327 actually decided to play two good TDL starting hands in an effort to win us some chips but unfortunately missed his execellent draws twice and we bubbled out in fourth.

Congratulations to turnipmonster and DrSavage for an excellent victory.

Unfortunately, the hangover from an afternoon of drinking champagne (followed by beer at the ShakeShack) caught up to me by the end of the tournament and I didn't have the wherewithal to spray my chips at the pink gamke in the presence of people who would undoubtedly destroy me. So in that sense my hangover probbably saved me a few hundred bucks but I missed the opporunity to learn (for a relatively cheap price) from watching some of the really excellent 2+2 hold 'em playrs.

I look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

All the best.

Colgin
Old 08-01-2005, 10:01 AM

Hope you told Big Bird and Ernie hello. You'll get more bunkfest photos when we see one with you and cookie monster. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: a couple more things

Bunky, TT and bunkette got flashed by some chick on the corner of 38th and 5th at like 5am. Trust me you don't want pics.

Klepton is a real cool cat, I like him. I think he got a shirt but I'm not sure.

Jason T isn't a total nit. That hand he three bet me I had 44. What do YOU do when someone is only playing Aces, and Kings and three bets you there? He earned that short.

Vanessa drinks beer better than bunkette. Nice job bud!

Max Power as always roolz.

bunkette has nightmares about the Party 30-60 and has never evn played in it or seen it played, just all the bar talk must have gotten to her.

Yes I called down a rmarrotti turn three bet and river bet with middle pair. Bunky is a <*)))><.

One important. Boom Boom is leading us to a bar, we wind up walking about 12 blocks past times square including walking past at least 6 bars and we all said that it better have the best beer ever. the beer wasn't bad but we walked all that way and it wound up being a alternate lifestyle bar. nice Boom Boom, real nice.