Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Bunky\'s report. (Wicked effing long)

Well, as usual I was late. To those who know me, this is no surprise as we hit traffic on the turnpike and was told by TT to go directly to the club. So therefore, I missed the shake shack. Hope you all forgive me.

Bunkette and I were the first one to the club, nobody there yet we signed in and grabbed something to eat down the street. When we came back lots of people were there and we got down to business.

The tourney was definitely fun. bunkette and I finished 5th and I was knocked out by turnip when I was short stacked when my pair of Tens in stud 8 (I was really short stacked) and he caught running wheel cards on 5th and 6th streets, when I had two pair. No miracle on the river and We go out 5th.

Best hand of the tournament for Bunky:
4 handed 2 tales left, I have around 650 and the BB is 800. and Im on the button. UTG folds, I push all in, Sb folds, BB calls for less.

I proudly show my 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Bunky shouts "LIVE CARDS!"

Flop comes all rags but I flop my three. Crowd lets out a sigh.

Turn is a Jack and the crowds crescendo gets higher as Bunky just gets sucked out on the turn. But wait boys Can Bunky pull a Babe Ruth. Bunky calls out for the river nine.

River 9. Crowd erupts. Bunky survives and makes it to the final table. Finally finishing 5th. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Now, onto some of the highlights of the night. AS you can see from the pics from Dr. Savage, the flasks were cool, and the 1st , 2nd, and 3rd place teams all got the shirts. along with a few worthy folks alongf the way. Jason T. got one, as did Max Power, stoxtrader and rmarotti for pretty much pwning me all night.

The bar was fun and yes Bunkette was bored, but just ask here about when she gt me to go to a rock concert after working all day and walking about 20miles and then have me stand up on conrete for 4 hours. Sometimes true love is a sacrifice. Shes a trooper. And definitely my better half. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Okay, the fnny thing was, I brought along my copy of Eddie's Book and had the crew sign it in the spots that they felt appropriate.

Some of the highlights.

Stox signed the implied odds section (very nice BTW)
Ed Fish singn the "tight is right" section (very funny)

and the funniest one of all was the one signed by cnfuzzed
"cold calling raises with mediocre hands" (very niiiiice)

Well, I proceeded to drop 30 bets in the 3/6 game we had going around 2am - 5am. Nary a draw hit and the game was wild as heck. Playing pineapple was fun as well.

One very important thing. RMarotti now has an official 2+2 record. 3 rocks were in play and rmarotti was magical in his ability to claim all three of them. Helps to be a lucky fish. (actually, he owned me all night it seemed)

I really want to give a shout out to the entire club ownership and staff for makign the event run well and for being the most gracious hosts. You'r guys and gals were great.

There were so many people there it was hard to spend time with everyone. Thank ytou all very much for coming, especially the people who flew out from out west to come. I was so happy to make a lot of new friends, and see a lot of old ones. Thank you all for making this night a great sucess, and definitely one for the ages.

Oh yeah one last thing. Not only is TT wicked cool, but his apartment is the coolest ever. The view from that rooftop is like nothing you can experience. Best view of NYC ever. I highly recommend getting one if you have the means. I'm waiting til it goes condo. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Gregg
Old 07-31-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: bunkfest trip report (kind of lame cause I can\'t write)

[ QUOTE ]
However, as some nice soul payed for everything, im not complaining to much.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha when you slip out to the bathroom when the check is being paid, it's probably not best to address it through subtle little comments like this one, pgn.

but word yeah it was a good time, thanks to all who organized, yadda yadda, i'm still pissed my partner sfer sucked in the tournament (read: i blew 1/2 our chips going alli n preflop with ATT6ds in O8, who DOES that??).

the drinking was a bit tame i admit hopefully folks will rally tomorrow at foxwoods.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have to say, as much fun as it was in the bar, you people have absolutely no idea how to drink. Seriously, no shots, no prop bets, other than mine, and we didn't even get kicked out. However, as some nice soul payed for everything, I'm not complaining to much. Good times, and it was great to see everyone.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the bar exploits because I was busy gettin pwned in a 4 handed pink chip game where I was playing optimal strategy against 3 raving maniacs who were catching fantastic cards while I was seriously card dead. But thats ok, because you all f'ed up by not coming back to the club with Bunky, Bunkette, Klepton, PJN, and Jason T... we stayed up until 5AM playing in a wild must straddle magoo game where he pots were bigger than some 10/20 games. My favorite hand of the night was when I got PJN to lay down his made flush on the river when I check raised him with Q high [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Serious pwnage....

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, as some nice soul payed for everything, im not complaining to much.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha when you slip out to the bathroom when the check is being paid, it's probably not best to address it through subtle little comments like this one, pgn.

but word yeah it was a good time, thanks to all who organized, yadda yadda, i'm still pissed my partner sfer sucked in the tournament (read: i blew 1/2 our chips going alli n preflop with ATT6ds in O8, who DOES that??).

the drinking was a bit tame i admit hopefully folks will rally tomorrow at foxwoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was soooooo nice for Max Power and I being on the receiving end of that O8b hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Great meeting you Vanessa, you and Sfer were a serious team (Dave wasn't going to play but stepped up to the plate when we were short one player... thanks mate!). Hope to see you again around town.

Old 07-31-2005, 05:43 PM

I was very happy to meet some of the people. Special thanks to my teammate Adam (forgot your 2p2 name, sorry) who saved us from my Omaha/8 final table disaster to rescue us from the bubble. He then ran into top set 3-handed in the HE rotation and we were out.

Also I was called a fish by Klepton after I busted him out in 0/8. Nice to meet you Carlo. Thank you so much to Bunky and TT who made the people who didn't know anyone feel welcome and Max Power and everyone else i met.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:48 PM

TT AIMed me a few weeks ago and told me that Bunky is an awesome guy and I should go to NYC this weekend for Bunkfest. It took no further convincing and Klepton and I purchased tickets. He's right, Bunky is an awesome guy and the tournament was a lot of fun. I saw a few of my favorite 2+2ers that I had met before (bdk, JBB, pjn, rmarotti, sfer, TT) and met some cool new ones (fslexcduck, stoxtrader, turnipmonster).

My partner during Bunkfest was Klepton. We got hurt badly early in the tournament when I started with 2347x in triple draw, got involved in a large multiway pot and ended with 23479 to lose to a third draw rough 8. We were second to bust out when Klepton raised UTG with QQxx and the Button 3-bet with 3579r. wtf? Eventually all the chips went in and 3579r scooped.

[ QUOTE ]
Jason T. got one, [...] for pretty much pwning me all night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not a nit. Shorthanded live 3/6 game with a kill, folded to me on the button and I have 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I raise and Bunky defends in the BB.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
He checks, I bet, he check/raises, I 3-bet, he folds.

I table my hand and get the last precious pwntown shirt.

A great event and I'm glad I made the trip.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:55 PM

Default In defense of 3579r

I had a 9-high badoogie! [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2005, 07:39 PM

I've gotta say, this trip report is hellalame.

If I had the link to that "this thread is worthless without pics" thing, I'd insert it right here.

We at least got a couple of pics from the last Bunkfest (and I meant the group photo, not the flask photo).

It did sound like a good time. I was actually on the West Side Highway at 6:00pm, but believe me, all I wanted to do was get home! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for the trip report.

Joe
Old 07-31-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really not a nit. Shorthanded live 3/6 game with a kill, folded to me on the button and I have 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I raise and Bunky defends in the BB.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
He checks, I bet, he check/raises, I 3-bet, he folds.

I table my hand and get the last precious pwntown shirt.

A great event and I'm glad I made the trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sure you are not a nit. This is the only hand you played that was not Aces Kings or Queens [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Jason would muck AA if it was 3-bet to him pre-flop [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

In all seriousness, poor Jason was kinda card dead, he couldn't even get suited hands (who cares if they are connected... in that game any two cards can win). We harassed him relentlessly, while he sat at the end of the table with that JasonT sour puss on his face... hysterical. If you haven't met him, he is really good at throwing fake (at least we hope they are fake) tantrums, his sense of humor is very good. He makes the perfect straight man to Klepton who is always the life of the party. Toss in Marotti and PJN, those four should have their own TV show.

Combined with the table's uncanny ability to cap pre-flop with dominating hands like 93o, his position (myself and Klepton to his left, Moratti and Confuzed to his right), Klepton declaring he would play every single hand and usually raise it pre-flop for someone on his left to always 3-bet it before it got to Jason, and his knack for catching unplayable cards he essentially looked like a nit - as usual [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Gonna miss you guys, see you in LA!

Old 07-31-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Gonna miss you guys, see you in LA!

[/ QUOTE ]

We've been trying to call you.