Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: \"Online Series of Poker\" - wtf?

Main Entry: [1]scheme
Pronunciation: 'skEm
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin schemat-, schema arrangement, figure, from

what's bad there?

your unjust claims of it being "an affiliate scheme" is to be defended.

why? isop had nothing to do with any affiliate site. as i just told PSO to answer his nasty PM, the poker rooms were paying $15k++ to sponsor and be involved.

the funds at OSOP to pay for the 100k are coming out of the entry fees and or discounted tourney. no, nothing from the player pool. just the entry fee, which is fair (see how fair and rational i can be? there is nothing wrong with this idea, it is a good one, but it is not like ISOP in any way except that it is a poker tournament)

as i said. OSOP is a good plan/scheme, but is is in no way like ISOP. were were BANNED from tying any ISOP new accounts affiliates. it was part of the deal.

i'm done with this thread if it is done with me.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:58 PM

I just checked out their website. I didn't read everything but it still looks like they will have a $100K playoff tourney that is funded somewhere other than the prizepool. I am sure that they will get some affiliate money out of this but $100K is huge.

It looked to me like anyone can play even those of us that are already part of the site. If this is the case, how are they going to come up with the playoff money?
Old 05-13-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just checked out their website. I didn't read everything but it still looks like they will have a $100K playoff tourney that is funded somewhere other than the prizepool. I am sure that they will get some affiliate money out of this but $100K is huge.

It looked to me like anyone can play even those of us that are already part of the site. If this is the case, how are they going to come up with the playoff money?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends on how many people play. If they make $9 and $15 per player, they'd need a pretty big crowd to get $100,000, plus enough to pay for trips to AC for 10 people., plus the tournament leaderboard money.