Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: AKo, any better alternatives?

I think this hand kind of depends on how you've been playing as well. Most hands at these limits can't be answered with a definitive best line, since everything is dependent on how you and the other players have been running things. If you've been reraising fairly frequently and c-betting every flop, make it 400 on the flop and see if he wants to play or make a move. That way it's easier to get the stacks in.

Also, don't worry about having the worst hand here. With a 100 BB stack and a preflop reraise, AK looks great and I'd love to get all-in.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:08 PM

i wasn't very wordy before but let me also add... it is so likely he has total air here that i think your line loses a lot of value. i think air (and i include small pocket pairs like TT or 99 in there) often calls raise pre, sees ace on flop, and tries to take it away. he called a huge reraise preflop and you have the Ac meaning he doesnt have AcKc or something... do you realllllly think he has a flush draw? It is unlikely, imo.

so most likely what i'm doing here is "thinking for a while" and calling, then checking or betting slightly less than half pot on turn (the choice between those two depends on my opponent's tendencies). if you bet and he calls on turn, it is likely he has AQ or flush draw, in which case you can decide bet check call riv or bet for value... most likely he will fold turn but sometimes when you are extra lucky he'll get that inkling to push you off your KK.

edit: didn't see stack sizes. when so short, prolly check turn. logic still applies.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so most likely what i'm doing here is "thinking for a while" and calling, then checking

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo.

he's not the greatest opponent to do this against, but this is what i tend to do v most.