Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 04:56 AM

Default live 10/20, top pair weak kicker put to the test

Live game, Barcelona, 10/20NL

I have €2000 and my opponents in this hand have me covered. Game is 9 handed. My image is somewhat loose because i am active at the table, although I have only showdown strong hands so far. I openraise to €50 from MP with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

the cutoff calls: a good LAG with a solid postflop game
and the SB calls: a very bad player who is easily readable and makes many mistakes

pot: €170
flop 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet €150, cutoff raises to €450, SB folds

So now my not-so-hot-hand is put to the test. What's your line? comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: live 10/20, top pair weak kicker put to the test

i think it's a pretty easy fold. you are out of position and there are so many cards you hate to see on the turn. that being true you also have to worry about already being beat on the flop.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: live 10/20, top pair weak kicker put to the test

[ QUOTE ]
i think it's a pretty easy fold. you are out of position and there are so many cards you hate to see on the turn. that being true you also have to worry about already being beat on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

surely, a call is out of the question... so position doesnt really matter. Im either folding or potcommitting myself with a reraise. I am curious about what range of hands you put him on.

I am quite certain i can push him of better single pair hands with a reraise, but know that when he calls I will be ahead only slightly, if ahead at all. My main concern is: given the action as described, how likely is it that he holds a hand he wants to go allin with?