Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Fold this flopped full house on the turn?

Empire 200 NL full ring. I have $200, Villain (48/30/10) has me covered.

I get 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB.

UTG Villain raises to $4. This could mean anything. 1 fold, MP calls. All fold to me and I call.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, MP checks, Villain checks.

Turn is T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet out $8 (2/3 pot). Villain raises to $29. I raise to $75. Villain pushes. I call.

2 Questions. First of all, should I bet out on the flop (if any very experienced NL players could answer this, that would be great. Instinct is obviously to check, but I'm beginning more and more to think that's very wrong, especially since I have high aggression numbers).

Also, should I call the 4-bet on the end?

Ryan
Old 07-06-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Fold this flopped full house on the turn?

I like betting out, especially if you will do it with flushdraws and/or a mid PP. This means you can get money in from people drawing dead or very slim.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:25 PM

Default RESULTS

I called and he showed KJ. MHIG.

Phew.

Ryan
Old 07-06-2005, 10:32 PM

Come in screaming for a bet on the flop - no one is going to put you on 77 if you do.

Or once in a while when I'm feeling like a complete psycho - I just open push the flop and wait for Ks to call.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:53 PM

Hey Ryan,

I think the flop is a good spot to really come out firing. I would bet the full pot. This is one of those situations where you're either going to win a very large pot (somebody has a King) or win nothing at all. Betting the flop gives you 3 streets to milk a player instead of two. I don't think you gain very much by checking the flop here... the only thing I can think of is somebody with the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] might pick up a draw and give you a little bit of action if another spade hits on fourth street.

I think you have to call the 4bet. You have a monster hand, and monster hands are tough to beat.