Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 06:42 PM

Default AJo against a sorta-rock. Did I get carried away?

Sb has a rock tag on him. But he's most definitely not the rock to end all rocks. If he applied himself a bit more I'm sure he'd be a tag, or whatever. He's the type who will make some moves if he has to but doesn't really seem to get too far out of line. vp$ip around 11 or 12, pfr is around 3 or 4.

The other guy is just bad. Way too loose, way to aggressive, in a perfect world his donations would be going to charity.

I'm not sure if I like my play on any street.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

I'm not sure if this is an easy fold or not. I think it's kinda borderline.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, SB calls.

I feel he could be betting out with less than a queen so I decide to take the wheel.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Awww nerts. Stop and go. With a gutshot and maybe some free aces and jacks do I have enough to see the river and fold UI? Or is the risk of a chop too high to continue if I land a king?

River: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Is this a "raise if you can comfortably fold to a 3bet" spot?

Final Pot: 13 BB

Any comments appreciated!

B-B-B-BONUS HAND!!!!!
This is a quicky.

I'm trying to get in the habit of making some more positional/isolation raises.

Loose/passive EP limps, folded to me on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Blinds are fairly tight, but not Tag tight. What's my action? What if we said the blinds are loose?
Old 01-31-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: AJo against a sorta-rock. Did I get carried away?

I fold here before the flop. With the limper in front he's not stealing, and with a PFR percentage of 4 he's got a better hand than you do.

With that in mind, I don't like the flop raise. You're drawing, so I don't think you have much of a need to protect your Ace high. Call and hope the guy calls behind you too.

Even after you catch your Jack there still aren't many hands the rock could have that you're beating.

I also doubt he 3-bets the river w/ AA or KK. I think you can give him credit for AK at that point.