Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Backward moving button on Party

There is nothing incorrect about this. This is a relatively unusual situation where the button is moved back to accomodate a fair rotation of the blinds. Nobody was penalized here, so whats the beef?
Old 04-05-2005, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing incorrect about this. This is a relatively unusual situation where the button is moved back to accomodate a fair rotation of the blinds. Nobody was penalized here, so whats the beef?

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem is with the much much more common situation described below:

The way they handle blinds when the big blind is eliminated is the following

I'm going to assume a 10 handed table players at seat 1 -10 seat 1 is button on first hand

On hand 1 seat 1 is button, 2 sb, 3bb. If the big blind is elminated they do the following on hand 2
On hand 2 seat 2 is button 4 is bb, then on hand 3
On hand 3 seat 4 is button, 5 is sb, 6 is bb.

So what happens in these situations is that seat 4 never pays a small and seat 5 never pays a big.

Now this situation happens a lot more than the one I described with the button moving backward, if you actually want hand histories to show this anyone who has ever played more than 1 sit and go at party should be able to provide you with them.

My problem with the situation where the button appears to move backwards is not that it isn't the correct way to handle the situation but that given how they handle the above situation there is no reason that they should change that for the situation where the button of hand 2 goes out.

Party's final party line on this after 4 or 5 emails about it is the following. In this situation where the button moved backward we did that to keep everyone paying there blinds. In the more common situation we didn't make everyone pay all their blinds since no player from the button/sb/bb area was eliminated on the 2nd hand so we just advanced the button one.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem is with the much much more common situation described below:

The way they handle blinds when the big blind is eliminated is the following

I'm going to assume a 10 handed table players at seat 1 -10 seat 1 is button on first hand

On hand 1 seat 1 is button, 2 sb, 3bb. If the big blind is elminated they do the following on hand 2
On hand 2 seat 2 is button 4 is bb, then on hand 3
On hand 3 seat 4 is button, 5 is sb, 6 is bb.

So what happens in these situations is that seat 4 never pays a small and seat 5 never pays a big.

Now this situation happens a lot more than the one I described with the button moving backward, if you actually want hand histories to show this anyone who has ever played more than 1 sit and go at party should be able to provide you with them.

My problem with the situation where the button appears to move backwards is not that it isn't the correct way to handle the situation but that given how they handle the above situation there is no reason that they should change that for the situation where the button of hand 2 goes out.

Party's final party line on this after 4 or 5 emails about it is the following. In this situation where the button moved backward we did that to keep everyone paying there blinds. In the more common situation we didn't make everyone pay all their blinds since no player from the button/sb/bb area was eliminated on the 2nd hand so we just advanced the button one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party has told you that you are wrong, many people on here have told you that you are wrong.

Why don't you just realize this instead of bringing the arguement back again?