Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Aggression problems and the drunk -- River

Yes.

edit: As a former drunken master of the poker table I remember what a good idea c/raising a turn ace seemed like when all I held was a backdoor draw to a 3-straight [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] . Bastards like you calling me down won a lot of money. I play sober now [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Aggression problems and the drunk -- River

The 5 is unlikely to have hit him. However, I suspect from the post you didn't come out ahead here. Just review the odds of him winning against yours at twodimes or "any two cards" from stove and you will see you're good more often than he is. Doesn't mean you can't lose 10 64/36 bets on the trot tho [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Aggression problems and the drunk -- RESULTS

I thought for a couple of seconds then threw 16 chips out to call.

Drunk turns over A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Someone asks to see both hands so I have to flip over my lousy pair.

I throw my last three bucks to the dealer and call it a night.

I'm encouraged to see that everyone who commented took the same line I did. Immediately after the hand, I felt like an over aggressive fool who didn't know when to slow down.

I wonder if after raising pre-flop and still getting bet into on the flop I should have started to be more cautious?
On the other hand, if the Ace hadn't hit the turn, he probably would have just passively called down, fearing I had two pair or better.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Aggression problems and the drunk -- RESULTS

Yeah, it sucks, even drunks get AA [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] and you're playing him like he's got nothing but he's got the best hand and arrrgh it costs you more than if he woz sober [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

welcome to the world of bad beatz