Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2004, 09:06 AM

Default A surprise change + new festive season offer at TGC

As most of you know, we’ve gotten a lot of feedback (mostly negative [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) about the way raked hands are calculated at our poker room. As a result of all the feedback & suggestions that we’ve received, we’ve made some rather monumental changes to our definition of a raked hand.

We hope that this is welcomed news and just because we like the Zoo so much, we’re letting you know first.

As of this moment, our raked hand definition has changed and is now the following:

“Any player who is dealt cards, where the pot is raked a minimum of 0.25c”

So it’s no longer necessary to contribute to the pot for it to be deemed a raked hand for you. As long as you’ve been dealt cards, and the rake taken is 0.25c, you’re good to go. This applies to certain stake levels of course and can be seen in the software help files or on our website.

What does this mean for you as a player?
Quite simply, earning bonuses will be that much quicker & easier. We’re not altering our BRP bonus structure so you will still earn BRP’s for promotions in the same way. The only difference is that the allocation of points for raked hands per limit will change to the following:

$0.25/$0.50 --> 1 BRP

$0.50/$1.00 and above --> 3 BRP’s

If you’re familiar with the BRP system already, you can see that not much has changed.

New Sign-up Offer, Deposit $20, get up to $300 Free
We’ve increased our sign-up offer from $200 max to $300 max for new players and works exactly the same way as it previously did where for every 300 BRP’s earned, $20 of bonus is paid out, up to a maximum aggregate of $300.

This sounds good, but I’m already an existing player, what’s in it for me?
We know that many of you may already be existing players with us from previous OIC challenges etc. so we will be running a bonus for existing players very soon. Please keep any eye on your inbox for upcoming reload bonus information [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As always, we invite you to give us your thoughts, comments, opinions and criticisms – positive or negative.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:10 AM

Default Re: A surprise change + new festive season offer at TGC

300 BRP = 100 raked hands per $20 bonus? You've just gained yourself another customer. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2004, 09:17 AM

Thank you, You have another new customer.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:27 AM

I downloaded GC about 6 months ago before realizing the bonus policy was, well, rather mal-oderous. This looks like a step in the right direction.

I'll be there!
Old 12-14-2004, 09:32 AM

Wow. Wish I had joined now instead of back then [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2004, 09:34 AM

Will you be posting news of the reload in the Zoo? I always pretty much disregarded your bonuses, and didn't complain when the $20 showed up. I've always loved the interface, so I guess I'll be moving back to TGC with the next reload bonus. Thanks TGC Guy!

Freakin
Old 12-14-2004, 09:45 AM

You have just made my holiday season a little better, GCGuy! Thanks for responding, and thanks for making room for existing customers!
Old 12-14-2004, 10:00 AM

I better play a few more hands before withdrawing! If I was in the middle of the first $200 bonus will I be eligible for the last $100 of the $300 one? (OIC left me somewhere in the $200 one.)
Old 12-14-2004, 10:05 AM

Is this a permanent change?

Sounds great to me as I played the entire OIC with no bonus and would have cleared $40 under the old system with my 1758 hands. Under the new system I would clear close to $100 in bonus.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:23 AM

Great news! I don't have an account at TGC, but now it looks like TGC will have yet another new player - thanks to the change! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]