Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Some older hands (long)

Thats a lot of hands ! I think a few of them might have generated a reasonable thread on their own.

Anyway my thoughts are:

Hand 1:
The pot is small and there are no flush or straight draws on the flop. Also the kicker to the paired 7's on the flop is low.

Normally I would play trips fast on the flop, particularly if the kicker on the flop was high, such as an A. However, I would consider slowplaying by checking this flop.

Although you have a lot of opponents, this flop was unlikely to have hit many of your opponents. If one of them bet, you could then raise. Also it doesnt look too dangerous to allow a possible free card on this flop.

Hand 2:
Raising preflop is fine for the reasons already suggested.

However, with 3 players having already called, I dont think that also calling preflop would be terrible. I definitely would not have folded though.

Hand 3:
This hand looks difficult. I wouldnt have minded limping in preflop.

With 2 players calling your flop bet, I would suspect that one of them probably does have an A. So, I dont think that I would have bet the turn.

Hand 4:
There is some merit to checking the turn, to try to induce a bluff on the river by your opponent.

However, as you noticed your hand was vulnerable if a J or Q fell. So, I think that betting the turn seemed the best option.

Hand 5:
I dont mind your raising the flop to play back at your opponent, if you think that you may be able to make him fold.

However, having raised the flop, I think that you were almost then committed to betting the turn, when your opponent checked. That may have allowed you to win the pot.

I wouldnt get too carried away with making plays as aggressive as these though, unless you feel that you have a good read on your opponent.