Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: AQo - 20+2 - PS - 180 players

After reading this, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the gap concept apply here making this an easy fold?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading this, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the gap concept apply here making this an easy fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you tell me what is that GAP concept?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:23 PM

"If you're thinking of entering a pot that has already been opened, you need a stronger hand to call than you would need to open the pot yourself from that position."
Old 10-27-2005, 07:11 PM

Your chip position is shaky the guy has less than ten big blinds and is making one of those raises that wants to be called. I think this is a fold given he has been folding for a while now and are up against likely AQ+,TT+. However, if you think his range includes hands like AJ,AT and lower pairs, given your chip position, I think this is a good time to gamble and try and make a jump to a higher chip count. If you think the situation is close in EV (which if you puth im on hands like 88,99,AJ,AT etc.. then it prob is) then you can make a good case in gambling and reraising all in even though you have no Fold Equity.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Usually when I see AQ and I have 14xBB I'm looking to get money in the pot, so I would probably push after his preflop raise. Are you saying you called here? Because if so, that's really the worst thing you can do. You will only hit the flop 1 time in 3 and a decent opponent is pushing any flop with whatever he raised with. Calling also opens you up to a squeeze play from someone behind you, though given stack sizes it is unlikely someone would do that without a pretty good hand.

Push or fold preflop. I'd probably push and yell at myself afterwards, but still do it again the next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much PF FE do you think you have given our info on villain?

Don't get me wrong, I push here often too...but its a leak IMO. I'm trying to guage my FE a little better.

I think you have very little FE here and villain will be pushing most flops (except maybe the ones that smack him in the face) so I kinda like a fold PF...AK and I'm in though.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The gap concept applies to any hand where the is a raiser/limper in front of you...but that's not the issue per se.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:29 PM

A6 push on next hand is standard...good push. Im not excited about the first one though.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The gap concept applies to any hand where the is a raiser/limper in front of you...but that's not the issue per se.

[/ QUOTE ]

the gap concept does apply in the first hand. the question is how big is the gap. it's big enough that you instantly fold A9, but definitely not fold AK. the question is where AQ falls, and it's mostly opinion/experience. most of us agree AQ is not a fold.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me wrong, I push here often too...but its a leak IMO. I'm trying to guage my FE a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it might be a leak. That's why I said I yell at myself afterwards. I don't think we're a huge dog to his range, however, so if I feel I have a decent amount of fold equity I will gamble in spots like these.