Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 04:18 AM

Default 5-10, KK hand.

Party Poker 5-10.

Games seems slightly loose, and normally aggressive.

UTG open limps, in Early middle position, I have K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and raise. LMP, and CO coldcall, the BB calls, and UTG limpreraises. Wondering if he has Aces, I call, and everyone else comes along. five to the flop for 15 SBs.

Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG bets, I raise, hoping to fold some people, and find out if UTG does have aces. Behind me, it goes call, call, call, call.

5 to the turn for 25Sbs.

Turn, 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

The BB bets out. UTG calls, I wonder if he is playing a nine this way, or he could have a couple of spades, and he thinks it is some kind of value/semibluff/outcleaning bet. I'm still a little worried about UTG having aces, and now I have the additional problem of someone might have a nine. I'm probably way ahead/ way behind, but against 5 players, and I don't know how many outs they all might have. I can't find my way to a raise here, but that might be the best play. To noone's surprise who has read this far, the two late position players, call, and call. 5 to the river, for 17.5 BBs.

River Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Now, the BB checks, and UTG checks as well. I think that they might be trapping the aggressive bozo in the middle, but I decide that I will be sick if this gets checked through, and I am ahead. I bet, hoping that if I get raised, it is by someone who just caught a queen, because I am planning on calling one bet if I do get raised.

So, out of four streets, how many did I play well on?
Old 03-03-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Re: 5-10, KK hand.

Hi Bob,

I would cap preflop here with your kings. Will he have AA sometimes? Yes, but he may also hold AK or utter crap. This is even more heightened by the fact this is multiway. You don't even have to correct that often to make capping the +EV play here. Even if he does have AA you may still beat him with a set. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The flop is a no brainer.

The turn is interesting. It is indeed a good semibluffing card being a nine and a spade, though I suspect you will be losing most of the time here. However, those semibluffing possibilities plus your ability to river a set makes this a call, though you need to be wary of any action behind you.

Once it's checked to you on the river, you have an easy bet. BB may be tricky enough to checkraise here (and I think you should fold if he does) and UTG should not have AA here because he would have 3-bet the flop.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kailia
Old 03-03-2005, 04:33 AM

bob,

- i'd have capped preflop, all those limpers make up for the rare occasion that you are up against AA from the reraiser, plus getting some of them to fold just adds dead money to the pot.

- the flop raise is standard.

- not sure about the turn, i still think you should raise b/c anybody with 2 spades just picked up a bd flush draw. i'm not sure if it was a rainbow flop that would change it either way though.

- river bet is nice.

curious what everybody else thinks about the turn, imo that's the only really debatable part.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:36 AM

I cap it preflop for value. Limp-3bettors have AA about 10% of the time, in my experience. I raise the turn/fold to a 3bet.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:39 AM

FYI: I can't see your avatar. It says remote linking forbidden, upgrade your account.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:43 AM

Preflop..I don't get not capping here?

Flop..looks good to me

Turn..Will someone behind you fold to 2 bets cold here? The pot has gotten stupidly large and you really want to increase you chances of winning here but I'm not sure you really accomplish that by raising so I think calling is okay, but I have this feeling raising is still best.

River..gotta bet.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:48 AM

All right, I'll give this a try.

Preflop: I think I would have capped, hoping that UTG will have something other than aces often enough for the cap to be for value, in this multiway pot.

Flop: The raise seems all right to me. People with a piece of the flop will hang around, but putting pressure on someone with an ace would be good in this big pot, so long as UTG doesn't have two of them.

Turn: BB's bet could be a straightforward bet with trips, though given the flop action, you'd think he might try to checkraise with that. (On the other hand, maybe he has trips and is hoping to get raised.) I'm not sure what's best on this street, but I think I would have just called.

River: I probably would have bet when checked to also. I'd wonder how many calls I could expect to get from worse hands though (still, maybe I'd get a few, in this large pot), and I would be worried I didn't have the best hand.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:51 AM

upgrade my account?
Old 03-03-2005, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
upgrade my account?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno what that means either. When I right click and click view image, it works fine in the new window.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, out of four streets, how many did I play well on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would betchya you make this hand up...

Pre-Flop: Cap (Miss played, I think this is ABC)

Flop: Fine

Turn: I raise again trying to get rid-of the damn limpers behind, and to get information from both the BB and the UTG.

River: I think raising the turn will help you out a lot on the river, but how you played it, I think I bet out and call single raise if there is little chance of a 3-bet etc...

Catch-