Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: What does \"FPS\" mean?

"fancy play syndrome"
Old 02-27-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: LIVE! 8-16 hand. AQs

So that you are only an 12:18 dog. But given that your raise looks like a steal, his 3-bet standards likely include a much wider range of hands, and I'd say your hand is easily good over 50% in this spot.

Even though I might be on a steal. The button, a reasonable thinking, although passive preflop player coldcalled my raise, and is also in the pot. I think that tightens up his three betting standards again. If I had raised, and got threebet by the BB headsup. There would have been a lot of bets being put in postflop, and most likely a showdown with my hand.

The more I think about it, I think I made a mistake by not getting to a showdown here. Maybe he did three bet with AJs, and decided that since the flop was checked through that his hand was best. Maybe he got tricky with AQ, or AK of clubs. Or maybe I was right, and he had a set of jacks. Right now, it seems that there is enough doubt, that I probably should have paid him off here.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.