Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Tempupedic beds

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking to buy a tempurpedic bed. From the official website, I can get a double shipped for $1758. I imagine it's possible to find cheaper, though I've heard that Tempurpedic tries to enforce minimum prices. Is there a good place to buy these on the internet or do I have to go out and try to price them locally?

Are there any brands that are the same thing but cheaper? It strikes me as possible that maybe I'm just paying for the brand name.

[/ QUOTE ]

We bought our California King through QVC about 22 months ago- cost (including shipping and delivery) was about $1100. So yes, you are getting raped for a double for $1700.

They do get a bit warm- they are fantastic during the winter, and less so during the summer. Thankfully it only gets too hot to sleep here a few weeks a year at most, so it doesn't bother me much. I would happily sweat a bit for the comfort and durability.

[/ QUOTE ]

BioPedic IS NOT Tempurpedic

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard the memory foam gets very hot at night, almost uncomfortable warm, because the foam doesn't dissapate body heat well. Is this true?

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had my tempurpedic for about 4 years now, and tend to get hot easily. However, I have no AC (live in Oregon) and the mattress does not seem to get too hot for me even in the summer time.

I was prompted to get the mattress b/c of some back problems, and it has done wonders. Highly recommended. I am sure that the knockoffs are decent as well - they really weren't an option back when I was shopping.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:22 PM

the mattress is worth any price you can pay. I just got the new tempurpedic softer mattress (its called soft touch 2 or something I forget which and there are sheets in the way of checking) and it may well be the end of my entire social life. I prefer to just sit in bed and do whatever I need to do. Most comfortable thing ever. Ever.
Though I do think it retains more heat because I have woken up rather sweaty most days since getting it. That or I have a disease.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking to buy a tempurpedic bed. From the official website, I can get a double shipped for $1758. I imagine it's possible to find cheaper, though I've heard that Tempurpedic tries to enforce minimum prices. Is there a good place to buy these on the internet or do I have to go out and try to price them locally?

Are there any brands that are the same thing but cheaper? It strikes me as possible that maybe I'm just paying for the brand name.

[/ QUOTE ]

We bought our California King through QVC about 22 months ago- cost (including shipping and delivery) was about $1100. So yes, you are getting raped for a double for $1700.

They do get a bit warm- they are fantastic during the winter, and less so during the summer. Thankfully it only gets too hot to sleep here a few weeks a year at most, so it doesn't bother me much. I would happily sweat a bit for the comfort and durability.

[/ QUOTE ]

BioPedic IS NOT Tempurpedic

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what the brand is? My wife is the one that ordered it...I was under the impression it was Tempurpedic.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:10 PM

tempurpedic recently lost its patent, so you can get the same exact quality for less price with some other brands. i dont remember the name of mine off the top of my head, but it wont be hard to find. i got mine from sleepy's mattress in ny if that helps.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can call and get free samples sent to you. they are like 3 inches by 2 inches by an inch. small, but with enough of them you'll have a very cheap bed that is very nice to sleep on.

i am trying to make a pillow. i have 4 samples thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha, that is awesome.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:30 PM

I bought the celebrity king on this site angel beds and think it is the best purchase I have ever made.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:10 AM

If you're looking at the tempurpedic, you should definitely check out the intellibed as well. I prefer it, as it allows movement while still eliminating pressure points. It's worth checking out, and they're so confident they actually keep a tempurpedic in the store so you can compare on the spot
Old 08-16-2005, 01:49 AM

is it also memory foam?

i've done more research since my original post, and it does appear that the imitations are just as good as the original, memory foam wise.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:53 AM

It's not foam. It's like a honeycomb gel like material.

http://www.intellibed.com/about.html