Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 10:49 PM

Default AKo vs. a dick (lancasteraus)

villain here is lancasteraus. he is about 23/19/3.5 he is an over-aggro spaztard, but is a winner in the game. he reads this forum, but to my knowledge has yet to have the stones to reveal himself. he knows who i am and has been berating me from the moment he sat down at the table. he loves the fact that i had a 500BB drop, and assumes i am a losing player. he talks about outplaying me, but i doubt he has pulled any moves. i have said nothing throughout all of this. what's your turn/river play?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

lancasteraus : Uh Oh (and then he says my screen name. he likes to call me PokerNob, as he is witty.)

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

lancasteraus : LOL. wtf you doing? asking to get owned?

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero does what?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: AKo vs. a dick (lancasteraus)

Call, Bet/Call river.

Throw your computer in the dump when you lose?

True
Old 12-23-2005, 10:54 PM

ugh...

you failed to cap it preflop which I think he'll think you'd do with AK at least to some extent. I think your 3bet on the turn is too much actually. you have to put him on 99/AA to fold here and that's pretty tough to do, but now your situation looks hopeless.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you failed to cap it preflop which I think he'll think you'd do with AK at least to some extent.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2005, 10:56 PM

I'm not too sure about the 3-bet on the turn, I haven't played enough with him to know his range here.

Betting the river seems horrible to me though. I'd c/c.

Also, if the guy gets to you AT ALL I seriously recommend turning off chat. Be honest with yourself about it too.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if the guy gets to you AT ALL I seriously recommend turning off chat. Be honest with yourself about it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. but i like free information. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2005, 11:05 PM

what do you think his turn comment means?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you think his turn comment means?

[/ QUOTE ]

that he is a dick. it also means that he think he has me beat.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:20 PM

Turn looks like top pair &amp; a flush draw to me, either that or you are tied. Other than that 55 (doubt it), AA, 99, or A9s
are the other reasonable possibilities unless he is on crazy monkey tilt (which based on his text is possible).
Bet-call a non-spade river would be ok, but I'd probably check-call the river anyway because I am lame.

PS: I like your pre flop, this is the right place.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2005, 11:38 PM

unless he 3bet you with AA or 99 you either tied this or pwned his AQs or AJs, unless he rivered u. Definitly looks like a pair plus draw.

By the way, morons like this are super fun to play. They also tilt super easy and its especially awesome to play them with a friend watching, seeing them go on ape [censored] tilt HU and busting up about it is definity good times. Love the tiltie tiltie. He's also probably fat. And a metrosexual. With a growth on his face. He could be a pissed off leper. Either way, he's a moron.