Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How are you running lately?
So bad I wanna make a thread about it 27 7.40%
Break Even 63 17.26%
Bad 81 22.19%
Average 107 29.32%
Real Hot 26 7.12%
Hot 61 16.71%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Who\'s the [censored]?

I am a cutter when there is a legal lane for it and I will let other cutters in when there is a legal lane for it. If they are forming their own lane, f*$k them. I am good at making it clear I will gladly hit them rather than let them cut in. I can be an angry driver, but I am more than fair to those who drive intelligently.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CardSharkCook, two 1/2 mile long lanes would create excessive merging. If you know anything about traffic merging slows down a lanes movement drastically.

It takes longer for 2 1/2 mile lanes to merge into a single lane and continue than a single 2 mile lane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. People trying to cut in slow everything down to a crawl, that's what annoys me about it.

Also, they cause traffic jams, accidents, and steal social security money from old ladies. They support Al Qaida, Al Sharpton, and alimony. They are against America, baseball, apple pie and sitcom TV.

If you let them cut in front of you, the terrorists win.

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes no one was ever in the other lane. wtf is it there for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually so people can take right turns on and off the road without impeding the traffic going straight, or for use as a passing lane if someone is stopped in the left lane taking a left turn.

9 times out of 10 that is what the extra lane is supposed to be used for.

BTW, I have no problem with people jockeying for position, as long as you don't slow me down. Cutters usually are in their own little world, don't pay attention enough to merge correctly, and slow down the traffic in front of me. The people that fly by in the right lane when everyone is in the left waiting and get ahead of the lane when the light turns, I don't have a problem with as they don't slow me down. I do this a lot, but I don't slow anyone down.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:02 PM

i used to be a cutter all day long. i commuted to work 80 miles each way and would do everything in my power to cut time off my trip.

now that im older i realize how selfish i was being. i am considerate of other drivers and expect the same now. if i see someone trying to cut i will go out of my way to box them out or roll down my window and share a comment w/ them.

bwana
Old 12-21-2005, 01:20 PM

definately needs some nuts,

i understand that its frustrating for anyone when you are waiting like you are "supposed" to and someone else takes it upon themselves to better their position in line. now in a perfect world we would have bullhorns on top of our cars and we could communicate that "cutting" just log jams the front, actually causing MORE traffic but not more traffic for the cutter and that is my point...

since it is not a perfect world and you will always have people rushing to the front or people in HOV lanes cause there empty etc. then there really is only one way to counter that...stop your [censored] bitching and cut in front of them. its what i do, and i am good at it. i am at the point where i could really give a [censored] about you b/c it doesn't matter, i live in a city (if you count the metroplex) of 5 million people so wherever i go there is going to be traffic so its always going to be a dogfight to the front, might as well buckle up and fight back instead of acting like a bitch about it. seriously this post sounded like my mother.

strategic cutter,

~td
Old 12-21-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Usually so people can take right turns on and off the road without impeding the traffic going straight, or for use as a passing lane if someone is stopped in the left lane taking a left turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the lane is clearly intended for another use (an exit lane or something) and is being abused this is a different story.

If however there are simply 2 lanes going to the same place and at one point they merge (which is VERY common around metro Toronto) you should merge where the lanes merge, not 15 car lengths back.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If however there are simply 2 lanes going to the same place and at one point they merge (which is VERY common around metro Toronto) you should merge where the lanes merge, not 15 car lengths back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in Toronto also. Drivers will speed up to beat you to the merge and I'm not a big fan of letting them in. Anyone else I'll let in, but I want the wave.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:11 PM

I'm a fan of the "I just cut you off really [censored] bad, but here's a wave because I know you know I know that I just did a [censored] move" wave.

Gets me everytime.