Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Ann Coulter on Hannity & Colmes

During an exchange where she and Michael Reagan stated that if you're a "bad" Catholic (i.e. pro-choice), the Democratic Party will accept you (re: Judge Roberts), she chimes in with this gem...

"And if you kill a girl in Chappaquittick, they'll REALLY accept you."

Wow, Ann. So thought provoking, so substantive!!

Wouldn't this be a 'cheap shot', that conservatives abhor so much???
Old 07-27-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Ann Coulter on Hannity & Colmes

Wow, you just figured out that Ann Coulter is a blowhard with a sharp tongue? She is great at quipping witty insults, but not much else. She's certainly not a source to look for consistency and/or thought provoking insights....

natedogg
Old 07-27-2005, 09:42 PM

Already knew she was... just don't understand why she even still has a forum.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Already knew she was... just don't understand why she even still has a forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because she's hilarious!

Why would you listen to a boring opinionated moron, conservative or liberal, when you could listen to Ann, who can at least make witty jokes?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:10 PM

Kennedy didn't "kill a girl." He wasn't in the car when she drove off the bridge.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:31 PM

Ann is the republican version of Al Franken. Nobody in the republican party really takes her seriously. She is a right wing nut. I cant say I disagree with her all the time, usually her underlying principle is something I support, but the way she goes about it makes her crazy. You are making a serious mistake if you assume the actions of ann coulter are representative of the republican party. If you want to go that route, then Al Franken is representative of the democratic party.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kennedy didn't "kill a girl." He wasn't in the car when she drove off the bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

Do I misunderstand what the Chappaquiddick accident was? Wasn't Kennedy the driver and Kopechne the passenger in a single car that went off a bridge?

I found this obviously opinionated (biased?) website. On it, there is a "written statement" given by Kennedy to the police.

"On July 18, 1969, at approximately 11:15 PM in Chappaquiddick, Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, I was driving my car on Main Street on my way to get the ferry back to Edgartown. I was unfamiliar with the road and turned right onto Dike Road, instead of bearing hard left on Main Street. After proceeding for approximately one-half mile on Dike Road I descended a hill and came upon a narrow bridge. The car went off the side of the bridge. There was one passenger with me, one Miss Mary ________( There was a blank space here because Kennedy was not sure of the spelling of the dead girl's last name, and instead offered a rough phonetic approximation ), a former secretary of my brother Sen. Robert Kennedy. The car turned over and sank into the water and landed with the roof resting on the bottom. I attempted to open the door and the window of the car but have no recollection of how I got out of the car. I came to the surface and then repeatedly dove down to the car in an attempt to see if the passenger was still in the car. I was unsuccessful in the attempt. I was exhausted and in a state of shock. I recall walking back to where my friends were eating. There was a car parked in front of the cottage and I climbed into the back seat. I then asked for someone to bring me back to Edgartown. I remember walking around for a period of time and then going back to my hotel room. When I fully realized what had happened this morning, I immediately contacted the police."

~ from Inquest Exhibit # 2
Old 07-27-2005, 11:57 PM

I don't know why I'm raising my blood pressure by posting on this forum, but I'm pretty sure that if we really apply a loony litmus test, Al Franken isn't going to be anywhere on the same planet as Ann Coulter.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Anne Calls a Spade a Spade.

The police diver that recovered Mary Jo's body said he believes Mary Jo survived the accident just like Kennedy but that she passed out when her air pocket exhausted all the O2. He made this conclusion because:
(1) Mary Jo's body was upright despite the car being upside down.
(2) Her body was quite bouyant (her lungs still had air in them. The police diver was a veteran who had recovered the bodies of many drowning victims and in his opinion she did not drown (the victims of drowning has H2O in their lungs).

Mary Jo was still alive when Kennedy fled the scene and then WENT TO BED....without calling the police. Can anyone with an OUNCE of decency agree that going to bed while another person is trapped under water is a major scumbag?

Kennedy does not deserve any sympathy from Ann's barbs.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:17 AM

Default I Think Anne is Hilarious

Anne makes valid political points using a combination of satire, exageration, and seriousness. I think she is VERY funny. Obviously, Democrats who are the butt of her humor will not find Anne as funny as conservatives.