Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: standard situaton poll, without a poll.

I think your original question was more interesting/thought-rovoking. I think your new question would be more interesting/thought-provoking if you changed the range to 55-77.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:36 PM

i limp for 50. raise to 200 in later position a lot depending on whose left to act.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your original question was more interesting/thought-rovoking. I think your new question would be more interesting/thought-provoking if you changed the range to 55-77.

[/ QUOTE ]

well then, poster who i dislike for at least the duration of typing this post., answer the question of your choosing. since you thought it was so interesting/thought-provoking, i'm sure you have more to share than just that you found it to be so. as for the new question, if you think that modifying it to 55-77 is more interesting, do that too.

citanul
Old 05-19-2005, 02:42 PM

sorry, i didn't mean to come off as an ass. i'm at work and the majority of my posts (save for one yesterday which was during lunch [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) have been short and stilted. i'll answer more thoroughly when i get home.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hoo hah, this is intersting stuff, unfortunately, although this question is interesting and worthwhile, it is not the question i meant to post!!!

same question, blinds are 25/50 was the actual question that i had been discussing with a friend. may be considered a less interesting question than the first one, but personally, eh, maybe not. who knows.

for my input on the 50/100 case, with even stacks, depending on the tightness of the players behind me, and all that jazz, i'll either raise to all in or 250ish. much more likely all in. with the uneven stacks, i'd probably do the same thing, figuring that the short stacks behind me will come along with anything they would have reraised a small raise with.

citanul, who apologizes for the mixup.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i was about to reply that this situation would be a much more interesting debate. your original is an easy push. as it stands, in level three with position i will usually limp (depending on how terrible the bb is)....i have something against playing push/fold poker until i have <13 bb. (note: this applies to 800 chip games).
Old 05-19-2005, 03:30 PM

If the blinds are 25/50, I'll make a standard open raise to 175 with all of the hands. I'll do this in a 800 or 1000 chip stack game.

If the blinds are 50/100 and we're all even stacked, I'll likely push 9 handed. When the blinds start getting this high with many opponents left, I open up quite a bit on my willingness to accept a coin flip for all my chips. The blinds are getting steep and I need to do something to extend my stack. One nice thing about being 9 handed is you do get a lot of hands in between blinds. However, there's a lot of players left and if I don't catch something better than a wired middle pair in the next round, I'm going to be facing 100/200 blinds pretty damn quick with a lot of people left who are also desperate and probably more willing than usual to call me on my steals.

Ideally, I'll either pick up the blinds or get a race to double up. If I double up, I like my chances from here on out. If I get called by a hand that dominates me or I lose my race, that's poker... oh well. Fire up a new game.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:40 PM

Folding these hands is just bad. Allin is clearly better than folding, even after 3 folds. Every fold makes a difference but not with these hands and only 10-11x the BB. I mean that it doesn't matter if 3 or 4 people have folded here, but would matter if your hand was more marginal. Folding 99 is just taking money, ripping it up and throwing it in the fireplace for good measure.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding 99 is just taking money, ripping it up and throwing it in the fireplace for good measure.

[/ QUOTE ]

now that's the type of heated debate we'd like to see.

when you say folding 99, do you mean in the 50/100 spot, or the 25/50 spot? or both? i was hoping you'd show up in this thread, but i'd prefer if you actually showed up and said what you'd do in the variety of spots questioned, instead of having us all do the whole process of elimination thing by what you say is retarded and what is not.

citanul
Old 05-19-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding 99 is just taking money, ripping it up and throwing it in the fireplace for good measure.

[/ QUOTE ]

now that's the type of heated debate we'd like to see.

when you say folding 99, do you mean in the 50/100 spot, or the 25/50 spot? or both? i was hoping you'd show up in this thread, but i'd prefer if you actually showed up and said what you'd do in the variety of spots questioned, instead of having us all do the whole process of elimination thing by what you say is retarded and what is not.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

The 50-100 spot its terrible. It's quite terrible to fold in the 25-50 spot too, but okay of course you don't need to move allin. However w TT+99 I would always raise to about 125-150, and I would usually raise here with 88 as well.

I don't like open limping once it gets to 25-50....I've done it before but it's very rare. For instance I would fold with 88 UTG here most of the time, assuming 25-50 blinds.

I didn't even read the whole thread, I just read original post about the 50-100 blinds, and then a few posters act as though folding was reasonable in the situations you laid out(It's not). So I felt I had to respond.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't even read the whole thread, I just read original post about the 50-100 blinds, and then a few posters act as though folding was reasonable in the situations you laid out(It's not). So I felt I had to respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, well, yeah, i agree [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

so yeah, same situation, if you had blinds of 25/50, was the same question. thanks for coming back to help edumacate the masses. with gusto and all.

citanul