Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: How would you play this? AKs NL 400

Why is it bad to check the flop? I know that Villian would be firing a large bet, and more than likely re-raising me [all in] if I had came out with a bet. I am not going to win the hand with Ace high, and I'd rather fold than put all my chips in on a draw.

There is only about a 5% chance He has anything but a pair...
Old 12-23-2005, 02:10 PM

ECK! I dont' like that fold or the call on the flop there, lead into PFR there/3-bet all in. CR this turn all in, you should have some folding equity against a high PP here and even if he calls you probably have 15 outs to a win.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:25 PM

Kowalski, I think you should look at my first post.

I understand you are out of position on this hand, but for goodness sake you pick up Ace King suited, I don't know about you but when I have A-K I'm hoping someone raises the pot so I can reraise them about 3 times the size of their raise and than hopefully get called and see a flop.

When the flop came out with low cards, like it did, bottom line man you just missed played this hand, if you aren't willing to reraise with A-Ks what hand are you willing to raise with? Had you raised you'd know more information about the strength of the button's hand, but as it is he could have easily raised from the button with 10,9s hit top pair and been willing to raise you off the pot.

Also when he made that $78 bet he stole your thunder, now you can't call it because you don't have the correct pot odds. He obviously didn't want to see another diamond come out on the river. Had you made that bet first, he would have been hard pressed to call it with only top pair a 9 (I'm assuming that's all he had) especially if you had been "representing" a monster pair from the begining.

No worries, live and learn, don't make that mistake next time.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather fold than put all my chips in on a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment implies fundamental misunderstanding of No Limit Texas Hold'Em.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't mean open push do you, wdead?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I meant bet/3bet all in, but I said Bet/Push instead cuz I am cool like that.