Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: WCOOP Event #9 ($300+$20 Limit Stud, Monday 9/12, 3pm EST)
>600 4 19.05%
500-600 5 23.81%
300-400 8 38.10%
<300 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Best Old School Video Game of All Time; Round of 32

these all seem old school.

ergo, I would vote symphony of the night over the original zelda,

and ocarina of time over my firstborn baby, but this isnt the last round.

woot!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
zelda rep should be ocarina
super mario rep should be super mario world

this is cool but it's still missing a lot of top shelf games

[/ QUOTE ]

Ocarina wasn't 1994 or earlier, it was 1998. I literally flipped a coin for Super Mario World vs. Super Mario Bros. 3.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all I have to say is that if Zelda, Super Metroid, and/or FF3 US lose, I will officially lose faith in OOT completely.

BTW, great head to head lineup of Punch Out and Super Mario Kart, tought choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

If XCOM doesnt win the whole shooting match than clearly it means that many people with no clue voted.

[/ QUOTE ]

As the bible says, X-Comness is close to godliness.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all I have to say is that if Zelda, Super Metroid, and/or FF3 US lose, I will officially lose faith in OOT completely.

BTW, great head to head lineup of Punch Out and Super Mario Kart, tought choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

If XCOM doesnt win the whole shooting match than clearly it means that many people with no clue voted.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god, I know this might get me an asterisk, especially since video games are my career, but what the [censored] is an XCOM?

(Im 21, and didnt have a computer till I was 12.. total console guy).

[/ QUOTE ]

X-Com, the best game of all time, is a turn based strategy game in which you're leading a squad of people against the alien invasion. I've sunk more hours into this game than any other by far.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:00 PM

The only game that should even give X-Com a run is Civilization. PC games are just so much better as a whole than consoles. Most console games (especially the old school ones) were pathetic compared to what they would have been on a PC in the same era...ESPECIALLY RPGs. Console RPGs are just wrong. PCs do them much better, just the way consoles kick the [censored] out of PCs when it comes to sports games (primarily due to the ability to multi-play in the same room, leading to great trash talking sessions).

Don't even get me started on console FPS games. Having to aim with a thumbstick vs a mouse is beyond retarded.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:02 PM

btw, there is a DISTINCT possibility that it would be more reverent to have an all time best for consoles, and one for computers.

as far as the genres, they should be every generation against themselves, except Im not sure what the NES would butt heads with, maybe the sega master system?

Im still hurt inside that metroid wont win, I can not believe this. Again, how old are you guys, not to sound like a young douchiedouche but just because that would give the results more relevance.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:08 PM

X-Com has still never been topped at what it does in all these years, not even close.

And I mean that 100% literally. Not even close.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:10 PM

No Atari 2600, Intellivision, Colecovision, Vic-20, TRS-80 (including the notorious opium trading game), or ancient PC games means a new ultra-old school category is needed. I'm only 36 for the love of snip-snaps. I had more fun playing Zaxxon on Colecovision than most of these selections.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No Atari 2600, Intellivision, Colecovision, Vic-20, TRS-80 (including the notorious opium trading game), or ancient PC games means a new ultra-old school category is needed. I'm only 36 for the love of snip-snaps. I had more fun playing Zaxxon on Colecovision than most of these selections.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see a poll of only games pre-NES, but I wouldn't consider myself qualified to make this poll.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Putting Chrono Trigger vs TSB also sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that even close? You are comparing a _football game_ to one of the greatest RPGs of all time? A game with awesome character development, storyline, dialogue, and very rich gameplay to a game where you try to move your 16 pixel guys past the other 16 pixel guys? I mean come on. Sports games have their place in the industry but this matchup should be nowhere near close.

Edit: Wow just saw the results on this one so far. All I can say is that there is obviously a huge population of [censored] jocks whose favorite game of all time is Halo in OOT. There really is no point in continuing this tournament any further because it is obvious that a huge portion of these people simply have no taste in video games whatsoever.