Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: 1/2 six max- 99

I haven't read any of the replies yet, but I'm going to say you should have folded the flop. I'm certain I'd fold it anyway...

If you think villan has an ace, and obviously you do if you're willing to fold the river, then you've only got two outs. That means the pot needs to be giving you 22 to 1 to call and you're only getting 13 to 1.

I think I remember a post where someone said "6-max is still poker", which I think is good advice here.

OK, you do have a backdoor straight draw, but It's still not enough.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:59 PM

*total grunch* (no skillz at 6-max)

[ QUOTE ]
I gave myself about 3 outs on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

How 3 outs? 2 9's left in the deck plus...? an out for the runner-runner straight possibility?

I don't think you've got the odds here, really, to keep going. Even on the turn. Although, really, by the numbers it's probably pretty close to the right odds. I don't know if that's enough to want to keep going with it. Maybe in 6-max it is? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

UTG is representing the A, at least, and may have it. Probably knows that you don't have it, though, as even Ace-rag would've (?) raised the flop.

The river card looks scary, but really, if you were beat on the flop you're still beat on the river. The question is whether UTG is playing *his* cards or *your* cards, since your flop actions says "don't got the ace".

If UTG is aggressing with overcards or a PP lower than yours (without hitting a set), you'd win. If UTG has an A or a PP higher than yours, you'd lose. But the action doesn't let us really get a read on it.

Raise or fold the flop, I guess. Don't stay to the river HU trying to crack Aces to get, what, maybe one more BB out of him. But if you do stay to the river, call down and see if he was playing overcards.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:48 PM

I'm calling this river bet without a second thought against an unknown. If you had a read you could consider folding.

I'm unsure of the flop play. I can't believe the SB capped preflop and then folded for one bet on the flop. I want to raise this flop, but I don't see a raise folding the SB or getting UTG to slow down. You would also be exposed to likely 3-bet.

I thought about raising the turn for a free showdown, but against an unknown showing aggression I don't think this would be the best play.