Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-12-2005, 12:52 AM

Default What is the correct line? There was lively debate after the hand...

Villain(s) are average loose limit players, not what I would call thinking players by any means, early in the session. Any thoughts on this specific line?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero?
Old 10-12-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: What is the correct line? There was lively debate after the hand..

Uh... folds?

I don't get it...

Tom
Old 10-12-2005, 12:55 AM

Surely you are not thinking of doing anything but folding here.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:11 AM

I did fold, and you may have guessed that the turn was the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the river the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I laughingly let everyone know after the hand that I had folded a Royal.
The table exploded with personal attacks on my judgement, and I tried really hard not to table coach and just asked what they would do different, but I started to doubt my decision today at the office when I was telling my business partner about it, and I wanted to know if I had made a mistake.

My only real question about the hand is if I should have even been in it in the first place. Should I have folded to the SB raise?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:13 AM

BTW
I think it's somehow appropriate that my 100th post is "The time I folded the Royal Flush".
Old 10-12-2005, 03:13 AM

Folding preflop would be moronic.

The reason you play live with these people is because they're a bunch of morons who think you should've called on the flop.

Good fold. Who cares what cards came next? Next time you ask for advice on this hand say that the turn was a deuce and the river was a coupon and see if people can't believe you folded.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:21 AM

i dont know what you're thinking, the fold was an auto fold. it was a "i'm putting this on fold and never looking back" fold. probably your only mistake was bothering to tell them what you folded because it might give them the sense that you're better than them.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding preflop would be moronic.

The reason you play live with these people is because they're a bunch of morons who think you should've called on the flop.

Good fold. Who cares what cards came next? Next time you ask for advice on this hand say that the turn was a deuce and the river was a coupon and see if people can't believe you folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this such an easy PF call in a shorthanded pot against unknowns with a SB raiser (which often portrays strength). If SB is a weak player then he knows enough to isolate a MP openlimper. Other than floping a flush, str8, or trips, what cards can we be happy to see. Doubtful we will have odds to chase an open-ender on the turn and barely a FD. No position and OP stated this is early in session so we have no reads or how well/bad these players are overall.

These are some arguements to fold PF. I would like to hear the flip side.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:01 AM

Dude, it's suited. He said they weren't thinking or tricky so it's not going to be very hard to play against these guys postflop, and you do have position on the raiser. I'd call with 68s here too so maybe I'm a fish?

Also, you wouldn't be comfortable flopping a J or T here?
Old 10-12-2005, 04:23 AM

I'm not saying I don't play it in that spot, but I do question it if I were to make the call. Hence my reply. You just made it sound like such an easy decision(and maybe it is) that I was looking to be enlightened.