Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 08-09-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: First Hand post

How about K4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Or even KJ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

I like the flop bet in this case because it might win the pot right there (remember the preflop 3-bettor is being SNG'd by the original preflop raiser...if he's holding TT/JJ/QQ he can't love his chances, and there's a 2:1, I think, but I'm notoriously bad on these, chance he has those over AA/KK/AK given the cards in Hero's hand plus the cards on the board).

Once the preflop 3-bettor is out of the hand, I think Hero has to play it the way he did.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:13 PM

Yea, I suppose those hands are quite possible. This CR does smell like he has a flopped marginal made hand that turned a big draw. Ok, I can call this down. But if his draw doesn't complete on the river, don't we neet to jack the pot?
Old 08-09-2005, 02:14 PM

:grunching:
I think it looks fine, when you got check raised you should have slowed down, and did. What could Villain have UTG here that woke him up on the turn? I would think maybe a flush draw? Certainly not 45. I would have played it the same, unless he had a pair of 3's in the hole, you should win this hand.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if his draw doesn't complete on the river, don't we neet to jack the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I still think we're WA/WB, just to a different player. If the new Villan has A2/A3/22/33 we're effed and it would suck to get 3-bet on this river. Call it.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:40 PM

Default RESULTS

In white: <font color="white">Villain had AK and took the pot </font>

Now, this was something I really didn't expect. When I was CR'ed I thought he might have been slowplaying or spiked a set, but I thought it was unlikely that he would have called 2 cold back to him with 22 or 33. I also thought AA and KK were unlikely because he limped called preflop rather than limp reraising or outright raising. When the board paired on the river, I just called in order to get a read on villian's play expecting to lose to a strangely played set or chop the pot, but I figured it was worth it to know if villain would call 3 bets preflop with 22 or 33. Comments on my thought process?
Old 08-09-2005, 03:42 PM

some wierd action but I like the line that you took, slowed down when you needed to, did this guy 2 pr ya??? GL and welcome
cdl
Old 08-09-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

Same thought process the rest of us had...that's why we kept saying you were WA/WB. Make a note on Villan and move on.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I just called in order to get a read on villian's play

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do this. Let the other players at the table call him down. Don't pay for information that is free to an attentive player.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:28 PM

RIVER: FOLD

Your behind on the Turn to a slowplayed K2 or A2, or to K3 or A3. These are the hands you would hope UTG had which would justify calling the Turn checkraise. However, you have to realize you might also be drawing to two outs versus slowplayed Pocket 2s, or less likely Pocket 3s.

Even less likely but possible is your drawing dead to a preflop limped AA, KK or AK preflop.

Anyway, fold the turn without improving.

Welcome to the forum.

=Tom

Edit: After reading the thread, I realized you would be ahead of K3 on the turn. This is the only hand that you beat on the river though when the second two would give you a better two pair. Every other hand you lose to. I'd guess a river fold here is still slightly +EV.

Edit 2: A fold on the Turn wouldn't be such a bad idea either. You were getting insufficient pot odds to draw to five outs and only the implied odds made this call acceptable. However, that assumes all your five outs are clean. Since that is not likely to be the case, a TURN FOLD would be the better action here. The pot is just too small to justify continuing.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RIVER: FOLD

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this line. If we are sure enough to fold the river for 1 bet, we should just fold the turn.