Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Two Hands at small Two Table Tourney

ok, so its early in the tourney, but blinds increase every 15 minutes, and are now at 100/200. I have a stack of 4000 and have villan covered.

I'm in BB and dealt KQo.

folds to MP (villan) calls
folds to SB calls
Hero raises to 600
MP calls
SB folds.

Flop: Kc8c9s

Hero checks
Villan Checks

Turn: 10s

Hero bets 1000
Villan raises all in faster than he can bat an eye.
Hero folds

Know i [censored] up with the flop check, but at the turn i figured he had QJ.

Hand 2:

Final table, down to 7. I have a stack of 3000 with blinds at 300/600 and the average stack of 5000.

Folds to me in SB with 44. I call. BB pushes all in. Calling would leave me with 600.

As far as reads are concerned, lots of folds once the final table began. Lost of all-in preflop with mid to weak aces and KQ and KJ. No reads on Villan.

Do i call? My thinking is that i need to accumulate chips or get the [censored] out now, but i wasn't really wanting to get my money in on such a low pair. Blind double in 2 minutes.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Two Hands at small Two Table Tourney

Hand 1. Harrington says to make the raise you did, but I would raise more preflop. The flop is dangerous and you need to bet it. You were probably right to fold to the reraise. It is too likely villain has a straight or 2 pair.

Hand 2 44 in SB and 5xBB. You have to open push. It would be EV+ to open push with 44 from CO with 20xBB, so this is definately a push. When you limp, you have to call BB's push. You are probably slightly ahead plus pot odds.