Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2004, 12:37 PM

Default What do you think of this?

I'm not sure why I listen to Aish HaTorah (People of the Torah)'s crap, they're the Jewish equivalent of Evangelical Christians.

As Louis Riel said at his trial "It's a property of insanity not to be unable to know it", and as such, as a Jew, I have no idea what causes antisemitism (for example, the recent EU Poll, in which 46% responded that "Jews are different" and 9% did not "like or trust" Jews), but this website claims to have the answer.

For what its worth, I think it's a good start, but it's no longer the same - anti-semitism is now like the kid that gets picked on in elementary school. The first time it might have been because he was weak, or stank at baseball, or just plain stank, but it's now because he reacts. Because he lets it bother him, and frankly, it used to be fun just to get a rise out of people.

Jews like Elie Weisel are terrible in that they allow everything to bother them - and instead of moving to Israel and showing the world that the Jews are a strong nation, they run and complain to teacher (EU governments).

What do the people removed from the situation have to say about this?
Old 01-28-2004, 11:03 AM

Default Re: What do you think of this?

I never have understood anti-semitism. Sure, jews are different. So are other cultures. And sure, I find some cultures irritating. Some I even dislike. A few I despise. But I never go out of my way to discriminate against or hate one over another (or anyone, for that matter).

al
Old 01-28-2004, 12:02 PM

Default Re: What do you think of this?

i agree. hell maybe im a little slow but i cant usually even tell if someone is jewish until i hear thier name and even then its sometimes debateable. i think everyone on the seinfeld series as well as adam sandler are all Jewish and id never know unless someone told me. i guess i just dont understand the whole "HATE" thing.