Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: 10 Table NL 2000 on Party to reduce variance

Both of you guys and VanVeen cough up how you do this, especially the 13-tabler. How do you handle it when you have four simultaneous hands that require playing? How do you handle the repetitive motion trauma? I am really interested.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both of you guys and VanVeen cough up how you do this, especially the 13-tabler. How do you handle it when you have four simultaneous hands that require playing? How do you handle the repetitive motion trauma? I am really interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you play 20% of hands, you usually only have to pay attention to 1 every 5 tables. Dual monitor is essential if you're gonna play more than 8 tables.

Also, when multitabling massively, go to control panel, acessibility options, mouse, and configure a keyboard button to replace mouse clicking. that way, you can alternate between clicking with right hand index finger and left hand.

I used to multi-table 20+ tables at NL100 btw, nowadays only 6 table at NL1000.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:32 PM

Reason I am able to do this is primarily because of a proper computer/monitor setup. Secondly, I would describe my play as very mechanical and therefore it does not require me to intensely think about the hand. All based on numbers and information readily available to me. Obviously I make different plays when playing different opponents.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Robespierre sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

he once said in the chat: "i secretly love men. err little boys. tell no one"
Old 11-08-2005, 03:53 PM

You are totally Phallusy.
-James
Old 11-08-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Since you play 20% of hands, you usually only have to pay attention to 1 every 5 tables. Dual monitor is essential if you're gonna play more than 8 tables.

Also, when multitabling massively, go to control panel, acessibility options, mouse, and configure a keyboard button to replace mouse clicking. that way, you can alternate between clicking with right hand index finger and left hand.

I used to multi-table 20+ tables at NL100 btw, nowadays only 6 table at NL1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Outstanding. Will do.

Can you post your monitor setup? I have twin Samusung 213T's and lay four tables across the top with PokerOffice boxes underneath each. I take it you instead use a PT heads-up display? Or do you use four monitors? If you use four monitors, what type of rack do you use?

btw anyone who has trouble with PO or PT software being a CPU hog you can go Control-Alt-Delete to get the process manager, click the processes tab, right click on the mysql... and java... processes and set their priority to "below normal". That prevents table freeze during high-load moments.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:57 PM

Can you outline your monitor setup? Do you use 2 or 4? Box or line? Horizontal or vertical orientations? Thanks.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do it by unknownly playing basic and slowly all decisions merge to looking the same, fine details dissappear, constructive complete thoughts get replaced by 'i have trips i have to call'. Eventually your game becomes worse than it was 6 months ago but you also have the fun of looking forward to the time you get to tilt off stacks when you time out of you $1000 pot with top set.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:12 PM

Can this skill be acquired or is it strictly genetic? Also, was there an anal probe involved? For whatever reason alien visitations in the South tend to include them.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:15 PM

playing TAG reduces variance a lot. I've made a lot more money playing more LAG (this is 6 max or the 2k tables when they're short-handed) but there is obviously a lot more variance too.