Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: A8s vs Loose-Passive Fish? How\'d I do?

raise pf
bet flop
3bet turn
bet river
enjoy your $
Old 06-02-2005, 02:10 PM

Yeah, I wussed out on this one. Didn't trust my reads which proved to be good.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:10 PM

I would have done everything the same except I would bet on the river. I would have called pf also but I guess a raise is justified.

Ex
Old 06-02-2005, 02:13 PM

I'm going to start replying to 6-max hands now, and not just the ones with clear answers.

Pre-Flop: Raise it like your trying to steal something(the blinds??)

Flop: You don't have top-pair, but you still bet this.

Turn: Your bet-call is fine in this situation, but this is where reads become important for your River decisions.

River: Your reads? Is he a loose, fairly non-thinking player who would CR his paired Ace, even with the obvious flush on board? Is he capable of bluffing scare cards? Is he a donk who would actually think a CR is possible here against you?

Based on his play I'm gonna go ahead and say Value bet your 2 pair. He either whiffed his bluff, is a tight player who turned his Ace, but is now afraid of all the Straight and Flush nonsense going on and wants a cheap showdown, or a bad player who did the same.

Ern, now that I think about it, He could be a good player who turned a better 2 pair, but I think a good player would RR AJ pre-flop.

To recap- READS ARE g00t

I'm sure you have already been told about the hand converter.

Edit: Didn't even bother to read the title for your reads, sorry.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the river because the SB showed no strength throughout the hand rather then the check-raise on the turn and for me that's hardly enough to convince me that two pair is beat. I don't think he would try a check-raise on the river if he did have a strong hand since the chance it would get checked through is so high.

I think there are a lot of hands that we still beat at this point.

T

Edit: I think reraising the check-raise on the turn would help clarify things for the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do when he calls the Turn then? Fold to a River bet? Me too.

...or you could save that bet, to call a river bet, and in this case get to showdown with your hand, like you said, your hand is very strong HU.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:40 PM

The SB had playing like a really loose-passive donk the whole session. 6max tables at this limit seem to attract the worst but to be frank I really didn't think this player was capable of a c/r, however my reads, notes, and pt info indicated she was an idiot - she was.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:47 PM

I think raisepreflop. But i'm not playing 6max anyways

Otherwise I play the same against this type of player. Could bet river for value but then you should fold to a raise.

I'd play it pretty much the same
Old 06-02-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The SB had playing like a really loose-passive donk the whole session. 6max tables at this limit seem to attract the worst but to be frank I really didn't think this player was capable of a c/r, however my reads, notes, and pt info indicated she was an idiot - she was.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the more reason to bet that River.

save a kitten, Value bet the river.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the river because the SB showed no strength throughout the hand rather then the check-raise on the turn and for me that's hardly enough to convince me that two pair is beat. I don't think he would try a check-raise on the river if he did have a strong hand since the chance it would get checked through is so high.

T

Edit: I think reraising the check-raise on the turn would help clarify things for the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree given the read on this player as beeing very very passive indeed. Therefor even a single checkraise makes you wonder.

And any spade beats you so I'd rather do the call down mode.
Say you 3-bet should you fold to a cap then because you know he has a flush. If you call and fold river UI then I think going for call down mode is a better line since you get a showdown for the same ammount of bets.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

T

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree given the read on this player as beeing very very passive indeed. Therefor even a single checkraise makes you wonder.

And any spade beats you so I'd rather do the call down mode.
Say you 3-bet should you fold to a cap then because you know he has a flush. If you call and fold river UI then I think going for call down mode is a better line since you get a showdown for the same ammount of bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I thought there where 4 cards to a flush. In this case with his GO and STOP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think you bet river for value. and cry like hell when you call his second checkraise which makes you feel a bit outplayed.