Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Mucking AK

Hey all a hand came up on fulltilt, that I cant really convert yet but its pretty simple.

I hold A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button with 1 limper before me and I raise to 5 at a .5/1 table Everyone at the table is unfamilar but fulltilt is a pretty tight site during the weekdays some decent players. I get called by the limper when the flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me I bet about 3/4 the pot and get called. On the turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I am checked to and bet about half the pot and get checkraised I think dumping AK is too weak so I call the turn and A pot sized river bet for a set of 8s. I feel like hitting AK then dumping it is very hard to do but is it the right play when all ur chips at stake to just dump it in faced of a turn raise? No way of knowing a set and I seem to always be up against a set when I am raised. I quit fulltilt because of too many beats I just cant trust it heading back to party but any advice on playing an ak is appreciatewd.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Mucking AK

The turn check raise is a favorite trick of many set miners. You are saying that you have AK and villain is telling you he doesn't care. Folding when you are beat is not bad whether you have AK. If the board was A8K then I am going broke with you.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all a hand came up on fulltilt, that I cant really convert yet but its pretty simple.

I hold A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button with 1 limper before me and I raise to 5 at a .5/1 table Everyone at the table is unfamilar but fulltilt is a pretty tight site during the weekdays some decent players. I get called by the limper when the flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me I bet about 3/4 the pot and get called. On the turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I am checked to and bet about half the pot and get checkraised I think dumping AK is too weak so I call the turn and A pot sized river bet for a set of 8s. I feel like hitting AK then dumping it is very hard to do but is it the right play when all ur chips at stake to just dump it in faced of a turn raise? No way of knowing a set and I seem to always be up against a set when I am raised. I quit fulltilt because of too many beats I just cant trust it heading back to party but any advice on playing an ak is appreciatewd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing AK on party will be much easier. FTP is rigged, for sure. They want you to hit tptk with AK and will often allow someone else to hit a set at the same time to increase their rake. You can trust your friends at party not to do this. All in with AK on party, enough said.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing AK on party will be much easier. FTP is rigged, for sure. They want you to hit tptk with AK and will often allow someone else to hit a set at the same time to increase their rake. You can trust your friends at party not to do this. All in with AK on party, enough said.

[/ QUOTE ]

next time use <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:09 PM

I'm in the process of crossing over from limit to NL and one of the most difficult things for me to adjust to is the difference in value for TPTK. In limit (especially limit 6-max where I'm coming from) it's a pretty decent hand...in NL it's (often) a steaming pile of garbage. It's tough to get used to, but expensive if you don't.

J
Old 12-07-2005, 06:12 PM

it's not a steaming pile, but you got to know when to dump it. (which i dont)
Old 12-07-2005, 06:13 PM

Well, it certainly has value of course, but what I meant was that if someone is going busto in the hand it figures to be you and not the other guy.

J
Old 12-07-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are representing it and somebody other than a complete tool makes a move it is safe to dump it. The few times he is bluffing are more than offset by the times you are crushed.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are representing it and somebody other than a complete tool makes a move it is safe to dump it. The few times he is bluffing are more than offset by the times you are crushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i'll burn this into my arm.. cause i have been getting smoked on some lame 2prs and crushed by a couple of sets.

the other night my AK ran into flopped sets and made quads.

i got stacked both times.. guess i need to work on overvaluing these hands and read my opponents better
Old 12-07-2005, 06:34 PM

Check the turn, call the river