Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 04:19 PM

Default There\'s 3 obvious options here...

MP ultra passive, other dude relatively aggressive, prolly has KT right?

WTF? how's my line so far

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (16.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero
Old 08-07-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: There\'s 3 obvious options here...

other dude relatively aggressive, prolly has KT right?
Yes, looks like it, or QQ, or 2pair

MP looks like Ax

What are there preflop stats?

Cap river, MP will call with a probably worse hand, and chances are that you are ahead of Button
Old 08-07-2005, 04:43 PM

Looks like something you would cap with and then cry when he shows AQ. I know I'd cap this - I think more often you'll win than lose so one more bet shouldn't hurt (compared to calling that is). Even if you just call, MP will probably cap it and this seems a bit toughie to throw away). You only need to be the best hand in one out of 6 times to make it correct [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[edit] Oh and I don't think AQ or QQ are quite likely since nobody raised preflop although you did say he is ultrapassive. I've had people call down from flop to river with their top sets I suppose you can't rule out that possibility.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:28 PM

I think I'd 3-bet the turn. You can't fold the river.

Krishan
Old 08-07-2005, 06:47 PM

I'd cap as well. It looks like MP isn't going away and the value you get from him more than covers the timies you get shows AQ/A5/AA/QQ.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:50 PM

Heh. I don't think it matters what you do as long as you don't fold, because it looks like it's getting capped regardless, and you can't fold.

Don't fold, by the way.

Guy.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:54 PM

I think MP will call a cap in more hands than he will be capping with... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2005, 07:56 PM

MP looks like Ax.

Button's play i think is much more consistent with a straight (KT specifically) than any other hand that is beating us. Since he's aggressive AQ, AJ are raising preflop frequently, and QQ, AA would have at least LRR us. A5 is only possible if he is capable of capping TPNK on the flop.

I think capping here is more +EV than any other option.