Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Is there a Mac-version of Pokertracker

I'm sorry if this comes up all the time, but I'm buying a Mac and want to be able to have a program like pokertracker. I know I should not buy a Mac, although feel free to comment about what a fool I am for buying one.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Is there a Mac-version of Pokertracker

link
Old 08-03-2005, 04:28 PM

MPP looks like a nice program, but it currently doesn't help with the most popular sites. If you really don't need a Mac (vs. a PC) for any particular reason, I would strongly suggest getting a PC for poker play. I would if I had a choice.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I should not buy a Mac, although feel free to comment about what a fool I am for buying one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will never say you are a fool. Wait till your brand new Mac arrives and you use it for a few months and realize you haven't installed any kind of virus protection and that in retrospect you don't need one - b/c there are no viruses for your new computer. The elegance, the power of UNIX, the versatility of a system built by engineers who WANT to have cross-platform function built-in. I have never regretted the switch.

Also - MPP is great for Pokerroom, Hollywood Poker, West Coast Wagers, Bayou Poker and any of the Poker Network skins. The author is working hard and making updates (1.1.1 today). Check it out.

For a full compendium of Mac-Based Poker Resources check out my site: Poker-Mac
Old 08-08-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry if this comes up all the time, but I'm buying a Mac and want to be able to have a program like pokertracker. I know I should not buy a Mac, although feel free to comment about what a fool I am for buying one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should return the Mac as soon as it arrives, clearly you do not deserve a Mac.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know I should not buy a Mac, although feel free to comment about what a fool I am for buying one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will never say you are a fool. Wait till your brand new Mac arrives and you use it for a few months and realize you haven't installed any kind of virus protection and that in retrospect you don't need one - b/c there are no viruses for your new computer. The elegance, the power of UNIX, the versatility of a system built by engineers who WANT to have cross-platform function built-in. I have never regretted the switch.

Also - MPP is great for Pokerroom, Hollywood Poker, West Coast Wagers, Bayou Poker and any of the Poker Network skins. The author is working hard and making updates (1.1.1 today). Check it out.

For a full compendium of Mac-Based Poker Resources check out my site: Poker-Mac

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that he can't pay for his mac by playing poker at party.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Except that he can't pay for his mac by playing poker at party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly - although he can pay for it on PR and Skins using MPP and the mac-based info on my site. I have.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:18 PM

In fact anyone trying to pay for their mac can do it this weekend - at Poker Room's Labor Day Sit and Go Challenge.

If you've been using Open End's Mac Poker Pro, you now have a ton of data (granted limit data) - to evaluate the players you see over the weekend at the SNGs. I'm planning on 8tabling 5+0.5s all weekend...

lol