Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 06:31 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.
Default Re: What is wrong with the Chargers?

Brees(e) has been around for just as long. What about that Gates guy? You knew he was destined to be the most talented TE in the league too, huh?

The point is you imply that the talent level there going into 2004 was at a level at which I could have coached them to the playoffs. Meanwhile, Eli Manning refused to report there because the talent and organization were perceived to be such a mess.

However, they somehow managed to make the playoffs and turn expectations around in the matter of a season. Coaching and talent had a lot to do with that. He just sucks as a playoff coach.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, they somehow managed to make the playoffs and turn expectations around in the matter of a season. Coaching and talent had a lot to do with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, the question is how much was is it the coaching and how much was it the talent?

[ QUOTE ]
He just sucks as a playoff coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that.

The problem is that this year Marty has sucked as a coach during the regular season.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:02 PM

Soul,
Brees hadn't matured yet (he was not accurate, uncomfortable in the pocket, he throws forced too often) there was a reason the organization drafted a QB.

Gates was an undrafted basketball player.

Brees has become an exceptional QB and Gates turned out to be the best TE in the league. Of course perceptions about team-talent are going to change.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:21 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

p,

Yeah, I get all that. Of course it's going to change the way that talent is viewed. I was really just taking issue with the assessment that he [censored] up with an incredibly talented roster the past two years.

I do think that Marty is a good coach. He might not be in the handful of amazing coaches, but he's quite good. And while he may be somewhat flawed as a game coach, has to get some credit for the massive turnaround of that franchise. They have underachieved this year, but that was in large part set up by completely blowing expectations through the roof last season.

* I admit I did not watch the game yesterday, but 30 passes in the first half is indeed silly.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:51 PM

Shotsy's always been a fast starter, weak finisher. Litany of teams that make the playoffs but fizzle.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
umt,
you should no longer post on this board, it only shows that you are mentally retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

How am I retarded? Last time I checked I can say whatever the hell I want. The Chargers are a decent team dont get me wrong but they do not have what it takes to be a playoff team. As long as Marty is at the helm they wont do [censored]...just ask the Chiefs. So brah if you cant handle the truth then STFU.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:27 AM

Mt Juliet, TN... "brah"

god you people crack me up.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:40 AM

You people???
Old 12-13-2005, 01:14 AM

people who use "brah" who aren't heavily embedded in surf culture.

but don't worry brah, im sure you're catching some grnaly tubes in the great lakes of Tennessee.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:38 AM

How about management that's to cheap to just give their 2nd best player a decent contract? Then when they finaly do sign him they suspend him so he misses the end of camp and the first game, costing themselves a win against the cowboys. It will be fitting if that game costs them the playoffs. Talk about shoting yourself in the foot.