Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Flopping a dummy-end type of straight

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Table is loose. I don't have a lot of hands with anyone but so far they seem loose and not too aggressive or tricky.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks .

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks , UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero 3-bets </font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Going for a check raise in EP in a situation like this is standard for me. Even though the flop has been raised I feel like I probably have the best hand so I three-bet.

Turn: (10.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets </font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls , UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Im not happy to see the Queen but I feel I have to bet to prevent giving a free card to a Jack. I Feel I am beat when the Button raises and I decide to call to showdown regardless. Can anybody find a fold here?

River: (19.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks , MP3 checks, Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls , MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB
Old 09-25-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Flopping a dummy-end type of straight

I usually just lead the flop oop when there is no raise pre-flop. It's impossible to tell where a bet/raise will come from so I just want to ensure the hand does not get checked through. Usually someone will raise and we can 3-bet.

I'm not so sure I'm beat on the turn, I would consider 3-betting here. There are 2 better straights than ours, but I'm not giving credit for that quite yet, as opposed to someone having something like JQ which looks like a wicked hand on that turn.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:37 PM

Did your raise button break?
Old 09-25-2005, 12:40 PM

Hahah... I don't get it.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:43 PM

Does anybody else reraise this turn against opponents who have not yet shown to be aggressive? I check raise three bet the flop and still I am getting raised on the turn.

I know I can't fold but reraising here seems reckless.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody else reraise this turn against opponents who have not yet shown to be aggressive? I check raise three bet the flop and still I am getting raised on the turn.

I know I can't fold but reraising here seems reckless.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know your not getting pushed back on by set's, two pairs, flush draws, top pair with straight draw etc etc.

If your not going to 3-bet the turn I would consider b/c'ing the river, as all possible draws just missed, and if the button had JQ or a set, he may just check this through.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:12 PM

I'm pretty sure you're missing bets. J8 is highly unlikely and are you really sure KJ is out there? Lots of limpers, QT, QJ, KQo, a lot hands raise the turn here whether you check/3-betted or not. I 3-bet the turn with the 3rd nuts. If it's capped I check/call the river. If its called, I bet/call the river. I think your hand is soo much stronger than you are giving credit for. MUBS big time IMO.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:46 PM

You can definately 3-bet this turn, He could be raising this turn with alot of hands you're crushing right now. You certainly CANNOT fold this. You're fearing the worst and this will lead to missing bets and folding to often.

Also lead the flop, you will get calls here, your hand is quite strong, and someone might raise with a T or draw so we can 3-bet. Don't worry about protecting your hand, build the pot here.