Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2005, 05:22 PM

Default The Gilpin is where I play in CO from now on.

Great room, competent dealers. Cocktail waitress was a little inept and the floor manager was pretty damn surly last night but whatever. Donks a plenty, even on the three tables that were running last night. I saw multiple hands with 4 or 5 people cold-calling preflop. They spread 2/4 in addition to the inane 2-5 spread-limit and the LAG 5-5. NLHE Sit-N-Go's all day, last one spread around 9pm it seemed.

Can't hear a single slot machine.

Half the room is designated non smoking and some jerk moved away from my table when he saw me standing by the ashtray (near the wall) smoking. I don't normally smoke at the table, I stand up to smoke. He was giving me the stinkeye and acting really condecending about "having to play with smokers". Go back to Boulder or play in the other half of this room. He seemed like a dick and I was there to have fun, anyway. I guess I should chew and keep a spitcup near his drink instead.

Were you there last night, juanez? I was the loudmouth in the blue shirt with orange trim and baseball hat. I was at the table with the kid that kept doing stuff like diving into the muck, showing cards to live players, taking too long to act, etc.