Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2004, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Good Bye

Eric,

I think you might be blowing this whole thing out of proportion just a wee bit. Or maybe more.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:37 PM

I was wrong thinking I'd make progress working with you.

Your jumping from one point I made to another, regardless of whether they were in context, to prove your point is clever. The holes in your logic flow are gapping.

We're done.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:50 PM

All I want to know is:

1. How is the following not an accusation and attack on people here?
2. How is it taken out of context?

At the very least you should retract it and apologize for it. This is far worse than anyone here using "retarded" as a synonym for "moronic" or "idiotic"

[ QUOTE ]
I hope those of you who use retarded with such disregard for others only have children who are blessed with no problems. If not, those children will not stand a chance.

- ericd

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-06-2004, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're done.

[/ QUOTE ]
If my count is correct, that's the third or fourth time you've said that. Are these just empty threats/promises, or are you really going to pack up your self-rightous bullsh*t and go away?

Amazing. "Everyone is arguing with me, no one is agreeing with me, but I still have to be right". Homer defended you earlier in the thread when people threw in the (inevitable) "you're a retard" responses. However, since you have "gone over the line", as some people have put it, some of the most respected posters on this site have descended on you (not for the point you were trying to make, but the manner in which you went about it), and no one is expressing any agreement with you.

It's pretty hard to believe that you are being serious. It seems the only reasonable assumption is that you are a troll, and started this as a joke thread, which is pretty sick.

Have a nice day, you ["special" person].
Old 05-06-2004, 03:05 PM

Don't give up now.

You're probably getting close to the all time record for most posts in a thread after announcing that you were no longer going to participate in the thread.

Heck, now that you're "done" for the second or third time (I've lost count) you can set that record too.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EricD to Clarkmeister:

"I was wrong thinking I'd make progress working with you.

Your jumping from one point I made to another, regardless of whether they were in context, to prove your point is clever. The holes in your logic flow are gapping.

We're done."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was an ill-starred relationship to begin with. Better luck next time.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:07 PM

I am only responding in this forum since you asked me a direct question that should not go unanswered. If you wish to continue after this please take it offline.

Since this site has both good people and bad people I find it impossible to believe that the percent of people here would vary much from the general population as far as the abandonment of their handicapped children. Furthermore, I'd assume that those who have mocked the retarded, whether in jest or not, would have leanings toward abandonment that would be no less than the general population.

One of the main reasons for the high rate of abandonment is the complete change in one's life. A marriage, job change or new healthy child does not compare. The extra general expenses, the battles with the school systems and finding daycare are only the a small part. What happens to the child upon the death of the parents. How about the impact on the siblings.

Assuming I'm correct then I see no reason to apoligize. If I am wrong and you are correct then an apology is in order.

Old 05-06-2004, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, I'd assume that those who have mocked the retarded, whether in jest or not, would have leanings toward abandonment that would be no less than the general population.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric, my impression is that many responses in this thread weren't mocking the retarded; they were mocking you and your overblown posts.

Maybe you should try lightening up a little.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eric, my impression is that many responses in this thread weren't mocking the retarded; they were mocking you and your overblown posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

That, of course, is completely correct.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, I'd assume that those who have mocked the retarded, whether in jest or not, would have leanings toward abandonment that would be no less than the general population.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should try lightening up a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOAAA!!. How did we make the logic/moral leap of 'inappropriate use of a word' to 'abandonment of children'??

I feel a Kurt Vonegut short story coming on......

*Buzz*

What was I thinking?